Interesting day.

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting day.

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:29 pm

FSU takes it to Miami
Ohio State limps past Northwestern in 40 mph winds
Michigan bull rushes Rutgers after a close first half
Kelly goes for two i OT to give Bama loss # 2
Clemson makes Notre Dame look like championship contenders
Liberty over Arkansas
Pitt downs the Orange

And there is still some football to play. Today really threw a wrench into the first CFP poll. They gotta be scratching their heads. The only team that looked the part was Georgia. They punished Tennessee today. Those guys are going to be sore tomorrow.

I was going to go to Chicago for the game today. Glad I didn't. I would have missed a lot and suffer through nasty conditions.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Interesting day.

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:43 pm

I heard the wind was gusting today in Chicago…….. guess they don’t call it the Windy City, for nothing. Football gets a lot tougher when it’s played one dimensional.

……..and absolutely crazy to see where 140 points were scored in a College Football Game. :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... l-history/

Meanwhile, back in Morgantown, the Mountaineers are approaching Rock Bottom, and are accelerating in the their descent………. :roll:

I’m going to catch-up with Cane and see if he wants to join up and throw a Pity Party down at the Bitttttich, Moan and Whine Bar and Grill……. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited by Mountainman on Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:00 pm

Before the game Noah Ruggles was practicing at PAT distance and the ball came back towards him. I field goal wasn't possible buy either team in this game. It was unbelievable in Chicago yesterday. Ohio State, though, showed it's warts when it came to run blocking. They looked terrible.

Sometimes a program has to reach the lower level to move forward. Hopefully, that will be the case at WVU. I think the Canes are already getting ready to climb.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:34 pm

Mountainman wrote:I heard the wind was gusting today in Chicago…….. guess they don’t call it the Windy City, for nothing. Football gets a lot tougher when it’s played one dimensional.

……..and absolutely crazy to see where 140 points were scored in a College Football Game. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Meanwhile, back in Morgantown, the Mountaineers are approaching Rock Bottom, and are accelerating in the their descent………. :roll:

I’m going to catch-up with Cane and see if he wants to join up and throw a Pity Party down at the Bitttttich, Moan and Whine Bar and Grill…….
:wink: :wink: :wink:

And that wind traveled east, crossed the Lake, hitting us here in South Bend:

We lost power for much of the day, yesterday. So I didn't get to see most of what happened.

There is some serious cope and seethe going on right now, by the spoiled brats known as Crimson Tide fans.

They have lost two game by a total of 4 points combined, and have started a campaign for #FireGolding and #FireO'brien

Their offensive and Defensive coordinators.

This is what happens when fans get so assuming of their expectations. They won't even allow one setback season, where the players have to adjust to the current coordinators.

They get entitled, expecting instant success.

A guy Live Streaming on YouTube just said, we've seen it happen at other schools. And we can see the trend happening here.

Then he made a comparison to Miami. Saying that it all started falling apart for UM because of the loss to Ohio State in the 2002 National Championship :roll:

:lol:

Good Lord, the tantrum is real.

Miami's issues were with the administration. After the 2001 Championship, they raise the academic requirements for athletes and cut the sports budget.

Then, the coaches [Larry Coker and Staff] allowed a buy-in Booster without Miami ties to run amok on the program [Shapiro], while misevaluating the skillsets of numerous recruits.

The players became unfocused, partying late and just treated Miami as it was a layover for the nfl. We became a program full of personalities seeking individual success, not a team built around unified accomplishments.

Anyway, I have to find some day after videos to go back and watch what all transpired yesterday.

My power came back sometime around fsu being up 35-3. I don't even care what happened in that game, because, let's face it, nothing went right for one sideline.

I did flip channels in time to see that ND was up on Clemson, 21-0.

Clemson looked to be all set to score, when I tuned in. They lined up, threw a pass, and the Leprechaun d-back intercepted the ball taking it back for a 96 yard pick-six.

Well, at least they took some of the attention away from the disaster that was happening in South Florida.

Mountainman ~ I say we start a Go_Fund_Me! to have the Mountaineers play the Hurricanes in the; "Gym Class Team Bowl"

After the game is over, we line the players, who are returning next season, all up in a single file line.

The team who won the game, gets to pick first from who's leftover. And then Back'n'Forth from there

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:04 pm

Spence wrote:FSU takes it to Miami
Ohio State limps past Northwestern in 40 mph winds
Michigan bull rushes Rutgers after a close first half
Kelly goes for two i OT to give Bama loss # 2
Clemson makes Notre Dame look like championship contenders
Liberty over Arkansas
Pitt downs the Orange

And there is still some football to play. Today really threw a wrench into the first CFP poll. They gotta be scratching their heads. The only team that looked the part was Georgia. They punished Tennessee today. Those guys are going to be sore tomorrow.

I was going to go to Chicago for the game today. Glad I didn't. I would have missed a lot and suffer through nasty conditions.

I'd like to include Kansas on that list of standout games.

They were on a 3 game losing streak, and it looked as though the pressure to keep up had done them in, with the losses progressing the wrong way.

vs TCU, Lost by 7
vs Oklahoma, Lost by 10
vs Baylor, Lost by 12

Then Yesterday Happened.

Kansas 37 - Oklahoma State 16

Not to mention the Wildcats trounced the Cowboys 48-0 last week in Manhattan.

OSU may petition to never play in the State of Kansas again.

At 9-0, TCU is certainly the class of the Big XII right now, and the conferences only hope for a playoff bid.

Even still, their biggest games are upcoming.

Big XII Conference Standings:

TCU = 6-0
Baylor = 4-2
Texas = 4-2
Kansas State = 4-2
Kansas = 3-3
Oklahoma St = 3-3
Oklahoma = 2-4
Texas Tech = 2-4
Iowa St = 1-5
West Va = 1-5

TCU's next two games are against Texas & Baylor.

Winning either one of those games put them in the Big XII Championship.

If they were to lose both, but still beat Iowa State, Texas and Baylor play against each other in the season finale. Which would be for a spot in the Big XII Championship, and a rematch vs TCU.

Basically, the Horned Frogs are a shoe-in, unless they drop all of the next 3 games.

Both games vs Texas and Baylor are away. But there game vs the Cyclones is in Fort Worth.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:19 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

By the way ...

Those were the weekly scores for the Predictions.

I just haven't posted them yet.

I had the 9

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:There is some serious cope and seethe going on right now, by the spoiled brats known as Crimson Tide fans.

They have lost two game by a total of 4 points combined, and have started a campaign for #FireGolding and #FireO'brien

This is what happens when fans get so assuming of their expectations. They won't even allow one setback season, where the players have to adjust to the current coordinators.

Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_GwQi2mIQ

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:26 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:There is some serious cope and seethe going on right now, by the spoiled brats known as Crimson Tide fans.

And another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzoyCrBVEGY

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:44 pm

What the hell did that guy say? :lol: :shock:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:17 am

Spence wrote:What the hell did that guy say? :lol: :shock:

I know :lol:

About as crazy, I scanned the comments, and one guy posted: "Yep, no idea why they are so loyal. Saban just doesn't care anymore about winning."

Saban ... Doesn't Care ... About Winning ???

They've lost two games on the road, both stadiums had over 100,000 in attendance.

One game, they lost because of a last second field goal kick.

The other, they lost because of an overtime 2 point conversion.

4 points is the difference between 2 losses and a perfect season, and they want to fire everyone. :lol:

Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:12 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Spence wrote:What the hell did that guy say? :lol: :shock:

I know :lol:

About as crazy, I scanned the comments, and one guy posted: "Yep, no idea why they are so loyal. Saban just doesn't care anymore about winning."

Saban ... Doesn't Care ... About Winning ???

They've lost two games on the road, both stadiums had over 100,000 in attendance.

One game, they lost because of a last second field goal kick.

The other, they lost because of an overtime 2 point conversion.

4 points is the difference between 2 losses and a perfect season, and they want to fire everyone. :lol:

Alabama fans have lost their minds. On this Facebook group I'm a member of called "SEC Trash Talk" they are all making excuses or VERY quiet. It's amusing to me. BUT I have a ton of respect for Nick Saban and don't want to see his career end with fans already hating him.

In all honesty, it's fans bases like this that view it almost like the minor leagues. It's about education first, National Championships second. Yes, you play to win and winning is great for a school. But it's not the end all be all of what makes college football so special, at least to me.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”