SC/Utah

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

SC/Utah

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:43 am

I can't believe I changed from Utah to SC. That is 3 changes this year and three misses.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: SC/Utah

Postby Mountainman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:52 am

Suck it up!!!!! Whinny butt…… :lol: :lol: :lol:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:59 am

Mountainman wrote:Suck it up!!!!! Whinny butt…… :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know right. It is like having a runner in a run down and over throwing the 3rd baseman.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:35 pm

My Crystal Ball tells me that the SoCal beat down just put the Buckeyes into the CFP…….. now let’s see what happens if K-State knocks off TCU. Could Ole Nick slide in??????

Watch how well TCU plays coordinated defense….. they’re really good at it.

……..don’t sleep on K-State, they’re a powerful team, physical as hell and will remind you of just what the UTEs just did, and are perfectly capable of winning the game.

We’ll see……. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:30 pm

It would be hard to move a 2 loss bama team up past a one loss TCU team. I guess Ohio State can be Georgia's whipping boy now.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:57 pm

Spence wrote:It would be hard to move a 2 loss bama team up past a one loss TCU team. I guess Ohio State can be Georgia's whipping boy now.

Nothing these CFP bunch do would surprise me………. I’m watching Georgia and LSU now. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:41 pm

Georgia is clearly the head and shoulders number 1 team. It isn't even close in my opinion.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:47 am

USC really fell apart in this game, didn't see it coming like that. My brother was saying that USC players were talking a lot of "smack" and he enjoyed watching them get stomped. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:16 am

Derek wrote:USC really fell apart in this game, didn't see it coming like that. My brother was saying that USC players were talking a lot of "smack" and he enjoyed watching them get stomped. :lol:

For me, it was that chatter from a bunch of USC fans, who spent most of the season saying they didn't want they playoff if it were offered to them, because they think the process if a joke ... fair enough.

But to turn around in the last couple of weeks and start whining about the possibility of not getting in would be a discredit to the playoff, and shows bias against them.

Come on fellas, try and stay a little consistent.

Then watching the players acting like they already won the Conference title before the game ... okay, confidence, and wanting revenge against the team who gave you the 1 loss that almost kept you out. This is your moment.

But when the USC defender hushed the crowd, then turned the Utah U symbol upside down, and thrust his pelvis through it was foolish. He's lucky he didn't get flagged for unsportsmanlike.

I can tell you, after that, the score went from 17-3 to 17-17.

I also noticed that the Trojan defensive players kept attempting to tackle by attacking the ball, and not wrapping up the ball carrier.

I get that it worked early in the game. But hen the Utes began protecting the ball by getting the second arm over it after contact; it's time to tackle the player.

Go back and watch just a few clips Utah ball carriers. You see one of the biggest mistakes USC's defenders were doing, is going for the strip, in one on one situations. If that is going to be the emphasis of your defensive play; you need at the very least to have a primary player at the point of attack go for the wrap up, then have a second player target the ball, when the Ball Carrier fights for extra yards.

You'd think they'd have figured out it wasn't working out for them when the Utah players were just running through those soft attempts, realizing they had one on one contact, and merely shredded past.

Hearing the commentary talk about missed tackles left me saying; Why not point out what the reason for so many broken tackles were?

I started out wanting USC to win, so as to settle the invitational to the 4 deserving teams. There is no question about whether or not they would have been in, had the won the game.

By the mid point of the 2 quarter, I found myself leaning a little more towards the Utes.

When they tied the game up, I hopped up and cheered out.

I had completely shifted support by half, and tried to remind myself to calm down, and stay impartial. I settled down a bit, but swiftly got caught up in the excitement of it all with every explosive play the Utes had.

I have to say, I had a great time watching this game.

May as well get swept up in the fray, since my team can't figure out how to even place their feet in the starter blocks; let alone hear the pistol to come up running.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”