Do The Big Oil Guys……..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Do The Big Oil Guys……..

Postby Mountainman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:05 pm

……….. down in College Station think maybe they hired the wrong guy????? At 10 million bucks a year, it’s a good question. In any event…….. Guess who’s coming to dinner????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... nator-job/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Do The Big Oil Guys……..

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:12 pm

Fisher and Petrino. If you put both those egos in the locker room will there be any room for the players?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:32 pm

Spence wrote:Fisher and Petrino. If you put both those egos in the locker room will there be any room for the players?

Locker room???? More like Kyle Field……. :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:30 am

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:Fisher and Petrino. If you put both those egos in the locker room will there be any room for the players?

Petrino's in the Banquet Hall, meanwhile, the players cannot be found on the field ... or anywhere else, for that matter.

Since December 5th, Texas A&M has had 24 players enter the Transfer Portal.

How's that figure into the percentages of: Player to Portal x Coaching {variable / relevancy}
you were asking for, Mountainman?

8)

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:11 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Petrino's in the Banquet Hall, meanwhile, the players cannot be found on the field ... or anywhere else, for that matter.

Since December 5th, Texas A&M has had 24 players enter the Transfer Portal.

How's that figure into the percentages of: Player to Portal x Coaching {variable / relevancy}
you were asking for, Mountainman?

8)

Let’s do the math Cane and see if we can make some sense of all this…….. 8)

OK, I looked it up and there’re 24 Aggie Players that have entered the Transfer Portal so far. And as we’ve just found out, the Aggies have added 1 Coach.

So after doing the calculus we can prove mathematically that in College Station for every 24 players who choose to enter the Transfer Portal, you hire ONE additional coach. :shock:

So the conclusion can be drawn that, the Big Oil guys have drilled a Dry Hole. :roll:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:23 pm

They just need to put "no motorcycle riding" in his contract. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:53 pm

Derek wrote:They just need to put "no motorcycle riding" in his contract. 8)

I recall a picture of Petrino and his motorcycle…….. with a hot, hot, hot BIG BUSTED Blonde along for the ride, and I swear both of her bosoms were bigger than the headlamp on that bike, and believe you me, both of those bad boys were on HIGH BEAM!!!!! :shock:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:00 am

Mountainman wrote:

I recall a picture of Petrino and his motorcycle…….. with a hot, hot, hot BIG BUSTED Blonde along for the ride, and I swear both of her bosoms were bigger than the headlamp on that bike, and believe you me, both of those bad boys were on HIGH BEAM!!!!! :shock:

Of course he was going to crash ...

I mean, you can't exactly expect a guy to turn a proper corner with the shift of balance from that kind of haul.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:35 am

Mountainman wrote:

Of course he was going to crash ...

I mean, you can't exactly expect a guy to turn a proper corner with the shift of balance from that kind of haul.

D-A-M-N-I-T Cane……… I just spit hot coffee all over my laptop, shirt and pants!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:41 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

:lol:

I thought that might get you.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:51 am

Score one for you……… :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:31 pm

It appears this ‘Big Oil’ guy still thinks he’s got a bargain…… reminds me of that Ole Saying about a fool and his money. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... gning-day/

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:10 am

Mountainman wrote:It appears this ‘Big Oil’ guy still thinks he’s got a bargain…… reminds me of that Ole Saying about a fool and his money. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... gning-day/.

Word now has it, the Big Oil Guys might be ready to buyout the head guys contract ...

I had wondered when Petrino got the OC position, if they were maybe looking in a replacement for Fisher.

If it happens early enough, I'm sure there's no second guessing who the interim becomes [with possible permanent title post season]

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:36 pm

Mountainman wrote:It appears this ‘Big Oil’ guy still thinks he’s got a bargain…… reminds me of that Ole Saying about a fool and his money. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... gning-day/.

Word now has it, the Big Oil Guys might be ready to buyout the head guys contract ...

I had wondered when Petrino got the OC position, if they were maybe looking in a replacement for Fisher.

If it happens early enough, I'm sure there's no second guessing who the interim becomes [with possible permanent title post season]

As they say in Oil Country parlance……….. ‘I think maybe we drilled a dry hole, time to move on’ 8)

Return to “General Discussion”