Savior or Gravedigger…….. We’ll See

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Savior or Gravedigger…….. We’ll See

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:30 pm

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Savior or Gravedigger…….. We’ll See

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:11 pm

Gravedigger I am afraid.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:16 pm

Well, IMHO, the hole is already dug…….. it’s just a matter of whether or not they put something in it before they put the dirt back in it. 8)

Oh and btw, I forget to mention who I believe dug the hole to begin with……. It was the Conference Commissioners. They knowing dug the hole because of their inability to work with the NCCA and decided to proceed without NCAA’s involvement.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:41 am

Mountainman wrote:Well, IMHO, the hole is already dug…….. it’s just a matter of whether or not they put something in it before they put the dirt back in it. 8)

Oh and btw, I forget to mention who I believe dug the hole to begin with……. It was the Conference Commissioners. They knowing dug the hole because of their inability to work with the NCCA and decided to proceed without NCAA’s involvement.

Absolutely. They forced this and now they are trying to figure it out. I think at the end of the day, they are trying to shrink FBS to between 60 and 80 teams. I am not sure whether or not it would be better to make or miss that cut.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”