I Seem to Recall This Happening Last Season Too……

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

I Seem to Recall This Happening Last Season Too……

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:25 pm

……… and Jimmy got a raise from Michigan, and said afterwards that would be the last time this kind of thing would happen. Or maybe they just wanted to discuss that ‘Scramble’ played he drew up….. :wink:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... er-report/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: I Seem to Recall This Happening Last Season Too……

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:04 pm

Oh, Jimmy is reportedly facing a Level 1 violation for ‘Failure to Cooperate With an Investigation’. Wonder how he feels about ‘prosecution’ now???? 8)

https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/06/m ... m-harbaugh

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:06 pm

He has wanted to go back to the league since he got there. I just don't know if the league wants him.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:24 am

Spence wrote:He has wanted to go back to the league since he got there. I just don't know if the league wants him.

Oh he’ll go if he gets an offer………. 8)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... ep1w0mexbk

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:22 am

He has wanted to go back since he came to Michigan. He was supposed to right the ship then help set up the new staff and go back to the NFL. It just didn't work out that way. I guess he feels like his window to go back is closing. It may be closed.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:46 pm

It’ll run its course…….. who knows??? No idea what the terms and conditions of his contract with Michigan says. Anything is possible but it’s an eyebrow raiser that he would violate to began with, and then once the NCAA came around he would be ‘uncooperative’ knowing there would consequence.

Could be he’s colluding with an NFL owner to avoid having to pay Michigan a buyout of some nature if he were leave as opposed to being discharged…….. hell, it’s hard to tell what extent a guy would go to that ran around stalking recruits and their family at restaurants, climbed trees and having sleepovers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:28 pm

Mountainman wrote:It’ll run its course…….. who knows??? No idea what the terms and conditions of his contract with Michigan says. Anything is possible but it’s an eyebrow raiser that he would violate to began with, and then once the NCAA came around he would be ‘uncooperative’ knowing there would consequence.

Could be he’s colluding with an NFL owner to avoid having to pay Michigan a buyout of some nature if he were leave as opposed to being discharged…….. hell, it’s hard to tell what extent a guy would go to that ran around stalking recruits and their family at restaurants, climbed trees and having sleepovers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he really stalk recruits at restaurants????? :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:27 pm

He is a weird dude.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:53 am

Derek wrote:
Mountainman wrote:It’ll run its course…….. who knows??? No idea what the terms and conditions of his contract with Michigan says. Anything is possible but it’s an eyebrow raiser that he would violate to began with, and then once the NCAA came around he would be ‘uncooperative’ knowing there would consequence.

Did he really stalk recruits at restaurants????? :lol:

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/mi ... its-house/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:54 pm

Actually, It is pretty impressive that he can still climb a tree. I am just a couple years older than him and I am not sure that I could make it up the tree. I know for sure if she ask me if I could, I would say something to the effect that I could, but I don't care to do the rehab after I fall and break my hip. :lol:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:49 pm

Spence wrote:Actually, It is pretty impressive that he can still climb a tree. I am just a couple years older than him and I am not sure that I could make it up the tree. I know for sure if she ask me if I could, I would say something to the effect that I could, but I don't care to do the rehab after I fall and break my hip. :lol:

I know how to get Spence up a tree……. :wink:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ma ... 125971-001

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:27 am

There was a time I would try it.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:22 am

Spence wrote:He has wanted to go back since he came to Michigan. He was supposed to right the ship then help set up the new staff and go back to the NFL. It just didn't work out that way. I guess he feels like his window to go back is closing. It may be closed.

It appears you made the right call…….. seems to happen every year, Jimmy goes fishing, but doesn’t get a bite. :?

https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/16/j ... e-michigan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:35 pm

He was successfull there so you would think there would be some interest, he is such a weird guy though. His brother is ultra normal compared to him and John is a tad weird himself. I am guessing that more than anything makes Jim a harder hire.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:10 pm

I didn’t lie , I merely forgot…….. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/19/j ... e-michigan

Return to “General Discussion”