Naughty Boy, Jim!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Naughty Boy, Jim!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:37 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

The NCAA is "Negotiating a Resolution" with Jimbo Fisher of a 4 game suspension ...

Apparently he made false statements to investigators; so he'll be sitting out a couple game days.

If I were JImbo, I'd say, "Nah! I'll just coach the games."

If they'd raise a fuss, I'd say to them ... "Who are you people anyways? I reject the premise of your authority."

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Naughty Boy, Jim!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:26 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

Does the development in this story shows NCAA weakness ..?

The agreement between the NCAA and Jim Harbaugh that called for a four game suspension is off, industry sources tell Yahoo Sports. The case will go to Committee on Infractions, likely in 2024. Harbaugh expected to coach all Michigan games this season.

It certainly feels as though the facade of regulators is deteriorating right before our eyes.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:02 am

I read somewhere that this settlement of a four game suspension resulted from Harbaugh lying and misleading the NCAA guys conducting the investigation for recruiting violations, not for the actual violations that were committed by Harbaugh and his staff.

Does this mean Harbaugh didn’t lie and mislead or did the NCAA guys lie and mislead about Harbaugh…….. or has someone intervened usurp the NCAA?????? There seems to be a lot of that going around…….. :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:24 pm

Mountainman wrote:I read somewhere that this settlement of a four game suspension resulted from Harbaugh lying and misleading the NCAA guys conducting the investigation for recruiting violations, not for the actual violations that were committed by Harbaugh and his staff.

Does this mean Harbaugh didn’t lie and mislead or did the NCAA guys lie and mislead about Harbaugh…….. or has someone intervened usurp the NCAA?????? There seems to be a lot of that going around…….. :roll: .

Yeah, and the violation was feeding a kid a Double Cheese Burger, of all things.

And Harbaugh apparently lied to (misled) the NCAA investigators about the incident. (whatever it was he supposedly said/did)

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:59 pm

Mountainman wrote:I read somewhere that this settlement of a four game suspension resulted from Harbaugh lying and misleading the NCAA guys conducting the investigation for recruiting violations, not for the actual violations that were committed by Harbaugh and his staff..

You wanna see something that raises my eyebrow with potential rules infractions ..?

Check your PM box.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:34 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I read somewhere that this settlement of a four game suspension resulted from Harbaugh lying and misleading the NCAA guys conducting the investigation for recruiting violations, not for the actual violations that were committed by Harbaugh and his staff..

You wanna see something that raises my eyebrow with potential rules infractions ..?

Check your PM box.

Good Grief…….. but in the current environment of College Athletics, it didn’t surprise me one bit. Sounds like history is repeating itself, like the old Southwest Conference antics. :roll:

………back to this Harbaugh thingy, it’s beginning to sound to me like there’s a whistleblower in the mix. My question is, why would the NCAA and Harbaugh agree to sanctions and announce those sanctions and then, out of the blue, no pun intended, slam on the brakes and announce ‘this ain’t over yet’ ?????

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:10 pm

The NCAA is a huge paper Tiger right now. It is up to the schools to get their governing body together right now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:22 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

The NCAA doesn't tamper down, and Michigan makes the decision themselves ...

Michigan has preempted the ineptitude of the NCAA and suspends Harbaugh for the first 3 games of the season.

I'm beginning to think the NCAA is nothing more than a logo these days.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:38 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I was typing I get a notification for this video; the first 5 ½ minutes of the conversation cover pretty much what I believe we all were thinking, anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkQdUUfAlVc

Klatt literally even uses the term ineptitude in the same context I did in my previous post ... almost freaky.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:43 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I was typing I get a notification for this video; the first 5 ½ minutes of the conversation cover pretty much what I believe we all were thinking, anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkQdUUfAlVc

Klatt literally even uses the term ineptitude in the same context I did in my previous post ... almost freaky.

The NCAA has been slowly castrated by the University Presidents, Athletic Directors and others for years….. and now, along comes the College Football Playoff Committee.

Oh, that’s gotta hurt. :shock:

It began after the fiasco back in the days of the old Southwest Conference when the NCAA dropped the hammer on the conference for what at the time was considered egregious violations. ESPN has a ‘30 For 30’ episode about called ‘The Pony Express’, I believe…….. in any event, that’s when the demise of the NCAA began.

Nowadays, in my humble opinion, the NCAA is little more than a buffer between its members and conferences and the legal system whereas the members and conferences don’t get sued for missteps or violations of the law but instead the NCAA gets sued. 10’s of millions of dollars are spent every year on lawsuits……. In other word, the NCAA is the ‘Fall Guy’. I see where Reggie Bush has filed a lawsuit for ‘Defamation of Character’ over his behavior during his days at Southern Cal. I wonder if Pete Carroll is is also mentioned in the filing????? :P

Although it may not be the ‘NCAA’ per say, but there will be a ‘buffer’.

………and btw, is this action against Harbaugh by Michigan an admission of his lying and guilt????? IMHO, it is. We’ll see where it goes from here……. My two cents worth is Harbaugh will skip town after this coming season….. think Pete Carroll.

Can you say “Cheeseburger”? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:51 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------

The NCAA doesn't tamper down, and Michigan makes the decision themselves ...

Michigan has preempted the ineptitude of the NCAA and suspends Harbaugh for the first 3 games of the season.

I'm beginning to think the NCAA is nothing more than a logo these days.

It absolutely is. Their only purpose is to run the bball tournament.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”