Predictions Week Two --- Week Zero / One Winner

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Predictions Week Two --- Week Zero / One Winner

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:03 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picks for Week Two are up and ready, you can jump directly to them, here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13134&p=123789#p123789

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mountainman takes Week Zero / Week One, scoring 24 of 30 correct; edging out Spence by 2.

Week Zero / Week One Participant Scores:

Mountainman: +24 = 80%
Spence: +22 = 73.3%
Dossenator: +18 [of 26] = 69.2%
Cane: +20 = 66%
Derek: +13 [of 26] = 50%

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Predictions Week Two --- Week Zero / One Winner

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:18 am

Nice MM. 80% is a huge number.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:53 pm

Spence wrote:Nice MM. 80% is a huge number.

Especially at 30 games :wink:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:37 am

Not so fast, I caution my fellow Picker Colleagues here on the board that my 3rd grade teacher thought I was a mathematical genius because I repeated a mathematical theorem during class that I heard while watching The Wizard of Oz.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:40 pm

Mountainman wrote:Not so fast, I caution my fellow Picker Colleagues here on the board that my 3rd grade teacher thought I was a mathematical genius because I repeated a mathematical theorem during class that I heard while watching The Wizard of Oz.

But you remembered it . I couldn't even rememeber that there was a theorem quoted on The Wizard of OZ. I do remember scarecrow spouting of some sort of math stuff when he got his brain, but my brain shuts down at the mere mention of math.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:25 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Not so fast, I caution my fellow Picker Colleagues here on the board that my 3rd grade teacher thought I was a mathematical genius because I repeated a mathematical theorem during class that I heard while watching The Wizard of Oz.

But you remembered it . I couldn't even rememeber that there was a theorem quoted on The Wizard of OZ. I do remember scarecrow spouting of some sort of math stuff when he got his brain, but my brain shuts down at the mere mention of math.

………I remembered it only because my older sister, who loved and made a career with mathematics, made me repeat it over and over and over when I asked “What did he say?” during that scene because I didn’t know what a hypotenuse or anything else he said was.

It’s not my memory the phrase is ingrained in, it’s a phobia that my big sister will return from California and call me names and question if I even have a brain again, like she did back then!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:28 pm

I am the oldest so I guess I am the feared one in my family. :?

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:57 am

Spence wrote:I am the oldest so I guess I am the feared one in my family. :?

I was the youngest, interesting how it works…….. I was the feared one, my sister took piano lessons. She would practice about every day playing various songs and doing her scales. One day I put a thumbtack on her piano bench. She hit a high note with her shreek. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:07 am

I grew up on a farm. I am six years older than my sister. When she was 6 and I was 12 I talked her into racing me to the fence and back. You had to touch the fence and run back to make sure you went all the way to the fence. I fell right before I got to the fence. She beat me to the fence. It was an electric fence. I received such a beating for it. She, to this day, has never let me live it down. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”