West Virginia vs Houston

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

West Virginia vs Houston

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:53 pm

The Mountaineers and Cougars are on FS1 tonight at 7:00…….. what I’ll be watching for will be, can WVU’s defense slow down the Cougars offense and keep them out of the endzone??? If this game becomes a ‘track meet’ it’ll be a long disappointing flight and a sleepy early morning arrival back in Morgantown. 8)

Let’s Gooooooo!!!

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: West Virginia vs Houston

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:22 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

And for the loser, are we talking Hot Seat coach ..?

Brown may have salvaged another year with the start West Va has had. But, losing to a downtrodden Houston might stir the cauldron sitting on the embers.

Holgorsen is not having a good time of it. And now that Huston has found their way into a Power5 conference, I can't see them keeping him, if the other new faces begin passing them by.

UCF has fallen backwards, so no threat there.

BYU, Cincinnati and the incoming 4 corner schools is going to turn up the thermometer.

We're at that halfway point in the season where administrations start to have that ol' trick knee get to kickin'. Usually, when one school hits the Coaching staff with a release, vacancies pop up every, with that sudden domino effect of turnover nation wide.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:32 pm

I think Brown's days are numbered no matter what happens tonight.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:42 pm

I’m not a fan of Neil Brown, who’s in his fifth year. They say he’s a hell of an administrator, but he’s paid to be competitive and win games.

Truth is the Mountaineers have a lighter schedule this year, with Penn State as the biggest opponent, which we lost. No problem with that, but the only real challenge remaining is Oklahoma, the rest are teams not doing well this season.

He’s had the resources and time, but the performance and outcomes are certainly disappointing. One winning season and it was during the COVID year when the Mountaineers when to a Bowl and beat Army to end up 6 and 5. :roll:

We’ll see.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:07 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

All I can say is, I feel ya ...

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:51 pm

Well,it was entertaining till the end

Games played by teams such as Houston and West Virginia are what I refer to as FLIP games……. Where the game can go either way usually because of turnovers, penalties, starting field position, the kicking game, etc……. determining the outcome because the team cannot overcome it’s own miscues. The way I saw it, Houston darn near gift wrapped the game with their kick return miscues.

8)

Return to “General Discussion”