Did Somebody Say Signals ..?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Did Somebody Say Signals ..?

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:34 am

“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:34 am

“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:40 am

Cheating and lying are intentional choices and actions……. Jim Harbaugh has already shown this year when he got caught recruiting during a ‘dead period’ that he chooses to do both.

The last thing I want to hear from him is “I made a mistake.” That’s crap, he made a choice to do so.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:45 pm

I agree. I don't care about him or the coaches, but I don't think the players should lose their season because of something the coaches did. The players didn't cheat. They played the games like they should have. It is wrong to punish them.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:43 pm

But...the players may have profited...is it fair for players of another team to maybe not make the playoffs because Michigan had a game advantage from their spy network ?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:13 pm

billybud wrote:But...the players may have profited...is it fair for players of another team to maybe not make the playoffs because Michigan had a game advantage from their spy network ?

Maybe they did. Sometimes a ref makes a bad call and a team gets an advantage from it. It doesn’t mean the team that got the call should be disqualified. They can bust the coaches down to high school and I don’t care, but don’t take it out on the team. Not when they didn’t do anything wrong.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:11 pm

That’s what makes cheating and lying so reprehensible, it creates innocent victims.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:45 pm

Mountainman wrote:That’s what makes cheating and lying so reprehensible, it creates innocent victims.

It does, I just think it is wrong to take this out on the players who did nothing to deserve it. If all this proves to be true they will vacate all the wins the las couple of years. Having to have played there through this and have everything you worked for destroyed is bad enough, but not letting them play the games is worse. Whether they have to do it with or without their coach(es), they should get to finish.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:28 pm

Spence wrote:
billybud wrote:But...the players may have profited...is it fair for players of another team to maybe not make the playoffs because Michigan had a game advantage from their spy network ?

Maybe they did. Sometimes a ref makes a bad call and a team gets an advantage from it. It doesn’t mean the team that got the call should be disqualified. They can bust the coaches down to high school and I don’t care, but don’t take it out on the team. Not when they didn’t do anything wrong.

You have this very wrong...an honest mistake by a ref versus organized and sanctioned breaking the rules to create an advantage ? Is that your equivalency ?

I think that you must really know how specious that argument is.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:46 pm

……..didn’t Michigan just a few weeks ago tell the NCAA to ‘step aside, we’ll handle this’ when the NCAA busted Harbaugh for recruiting during a dead period????? And now Michigan is telling the BIGTEN ‘step aside, this is an NCAA matter’.

Since when did the perpetrator get to select the Judge and Jury??????

Anyone wanna bet on who’s not lawyered-up yet?????? Hell, I’ll give great odds on that bet!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... onference/

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:08 am

After reading several of the rags this morning about all these goings on up in Ann Arbor, I’ve gotta say that I haven’t seen a fiasco like this since the O.J. Simpson Trial where the facts of the case were clouded with smoke and mirrors, misdirection, slick changing of the narrative, and alternative facts that have nothing to do with the question at hand………… this remind me of what happened during OJ’s trial when Johnnie Cochran decried to the jury after a glove, soaked in both victims and Simpson’s blood, found at Simpson’s residence, was presented to the jury, and Cochran had OJ attempt to put the glove on his hand and then decried ‘if the glove don’t fit you must acquit!!!!’…….. and the jury did just that.

We’ll see……. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:02 pm

billybud wrote:
Spence wrote:

You have this very wrong...an honest mistake by a ref versus organized and sanctioned breaking the rules to create an advantage ? Is that your equivalency ?

I think that you must really know how specious that argument is.

I believe an honest mistake by a ref and players not involved in a misdeed is not that different. Both did nothing knowingly wrong. I see no reason to punish the players for this. The players didn’t knowingly break the rules. If you want to kick the coaches to the curb, then I don’t care. They knew what they were doing was against rules. The players are innocent in this to my knowledge.
If the program needs punished, do it next year when the players can jump ship and go somewhere else.

Maybe the better argument: A teacher has the answers to a state test. That teacher drills those answers to their students until they new it backwards and forwards. The class does great on the test and both them and the teacher gets rewarded for their scores. The teacher should be fired for taking a shortcut to get a raise and the kids should not be punished at all.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:35 pm

From what I read I have 3 suspects…….. Jim Harbaugh, even though he denies knowing anything about it, it’s his responsibility according to the rules as Head Coach.

Jay Harbaugh, because it is reported that he and Connor Stallion were close buddies on the team.

Connor Stallion, because he was suspended and then resigned from the team, along with an admission of these filming acts of upcoming opponents by a guy who claimed he was hired and paid to do so by Stallion.

We’ll see who else gets caught up in this.

Last edited by Mountainman on Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:35 pm

Do you know the definition of ‘Veiled Threat”???

……….in the event you don’t or are not sure, here’s an example:

https://sports.yahoo.com/11-state-michi ... 23425.html

Good Grief :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:34 pm

This is really all stupid. The politicians showing you what is wrong with this country.
We may have broke the rules, but we won’t admit it and we will attack everyone that even tries to tell the truth.

Return to “General Discussion”