Did Somebody Say Signals ..?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Did Somebody Say Signals ..?

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:57 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

Wait for it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_LvQEyXnk

2 minutes and 12 seconds in. :lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Did Somebody Say Signals ..?

Postby Mountainman » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:39 pm

University of Michigan replies to NCAA Rules Committee on Allegations of Signal Stealing.

https://www.cartoonstock.com/cartoon?searchID=CS405930

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:40 pm

I still don’t think it will go anywhere concerning Michigan. Even if it should, which I am not sure about, I don’t think the NCAA scares Michigan at all. I don’t think they care about the NCAA. We will find out. Anyone who believes this guy was stealing signals on his own is fooling themselves. I think the school doesn’t fear the NCAA at all, but I absolutely think they don’t want the PR issues. That could sink Harbaugh.

Also the first half second half Alabama thing was great.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:36 pm

Pete Thamel at Yahoo Sports……. says other BIGTEN Schools are cooperating and supplying evidence. This is gonna be fun!!!!!! 8)

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-reports-b ... 29092.html

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:16 pm

“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:16 pm

Michigan cheated...caught...bring it on.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:45 pm

Far be it for me to take up for the skunk bears, but aside from the rule, what is the difference from stealing signs during the game and doing it at a stadium of a couple of your opponents?
Everyone is looking for an edge. To know something the other team doesn't. I can't imagine there aren't 70-80% of schools out there doing the same thing. Instead of roasting them, let them have the tech that ends all of this nonsense. This is dumb, IMHO.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:48 pm

I have a suspicion that Charlie Baker, the new NCAA President, very well may be simply stirring the pot with this kind of stuff. Things like recruiting in a dead period and now sign stealing makes me wonder if ole Charlie is attempting to show just how silly some of the NCAA Rules are, in addition to showing the lack of enforcement authority the NCAA truly has,
although they’re supposed to be the enforcement authority, as granted by the Universities.

He may be showing these presidents and chancellors that currently the NCAA is simply a Paper Tiger…… and if the schools do indeed want NATIONAL OVERSIGHT they darn well better make some changes…….. or they can let the coaches, schools, conferences, CFP, TV guys, players and anybody else do whatever they want.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:25 am

That would be something I could get behind.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:53 pm

It is flat unethical....to pay staff to go to opponrents games, video and steal signs...

Because...it is a willful breaking of existing rules.

Where do you stop ?

I do hope Michigan gets sanctioned.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:51 pm

It is against the rules. Still…

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:02 pm

billybud wrote:It is flat unethical....to pay staff to go to opponrents games, video and steal signs...

Because...it is a willful breaking of existing rules.

Where do you stop ?

I do hope Michigan gets sanctioned.

And yet, it has been the breaking of the rules all along, that has seen continued rewriting of the guidelines.

Only this time, the NCAA has less authority than ever before. Because people are aware of its illegitimacy.

And now that the facade has broken, the Rules Makers/Enforcers are being shown the exit sign.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:38 pm

And that is the long and short of it. If the B1G or Michigan decide to tell them to go spit, what are they gonna do?

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:42 pm

……..,,seems the evidence of ‘sign stealing’ was reported to the NCAA by an “Outside Firm” that stored Michigan’s automated files. Seems there were staff members that had access to those files, although no mention of Harbaugh specifically.

This is getting better and better……. :wink:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... r-reports/

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:07 am

Introducing Connor Stalions…….. 8)

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/25/m ... en-signals

Return to “General Discussion”