Soap Opera…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Soap Opera…….

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:25 pm

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Soap Opera…….

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:17 pm

They want to observe him in his natural habitat.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:37 pm

Well, now that the BIGTEN, Michigan and Harbaugh have kissed and made-up, I wonder what Jimmy and Jenny will talk about …….. :?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... stigation/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:33 pm

Mountainman wrote:Well, now that the BIGTEN, Michigan and Harbaugh have kissed and made-up, I wonder what Jimmy and Jenny will talk about …….. :?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... stigation/.

nfl options :wink:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:01 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Well, now that the BIGTEN, Michigan and Harbaugh have kissed and made-up, I wonder what Jimmy and Jenny will talk about …….. :?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... stigation/.

nfl options :wink:

………. or maybe ole Jimmy will give Jenny a lesson on ‘How to cop a plea’. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:10 pm

Someone told Harbaugh that he would have to take an oath (under penalty of perjury) if he went to court and he decided that wasn't ideal.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:26 am

……….you reckon the university President has ever heard that intro to ‘The Days of Our Lives’,………. ‘’Like sand through the hour glass, so goes the days of our lives…..”

:roll: :roll: :roll:

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/17/m ... sion-quiet

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:06 am

The silence is deafening.

But enough of the off field stuff. The game is this week. Nothing else should matter to them or us. Play ball!

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:58 am

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Washington

When all is said and done…….. kicking game (aka starting field position), turnovers, penalties will determine the champ.

8) 8) 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:25 pm

I’m not happy with our offense against their defense, but you have to take home the one you brought, so it is now go time.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:34 pm

I watched Michigan/Penn St. game and their offensive line just knocked PSU off the LOS and pushed them around…….. that’s what I’ll be watching, just how the ‘Big Uglies on both sides of the ball do. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be physical and smash mouth all day long.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:44 pm

Mountainman wrote:I watched Michigan/Penn St. game and their offensive line just knocked PSU off the LOS and pushed them around…….. that’s what I’ll be watching, just how the ‘Big Uglies on both sides of the ball do. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be physical and smash mouth all day long.

It will definitely be smash mouth. I am most worried about the Ohio State dline against their defensive line. If they can give McCord some time he will be ok. If not look out.
Lots of people said the game was slowing down for McCord during the Xichigan State game. I said pressure or lack there of may actually have been what made the game “slow down”. If the skunk bears get pressure on him and Ohio State has trouble moving the ball, it will be a bad day for the good guys.
I think Ohio State’s dline will play pretty good. Unless the offense makes them stay on the field too long.

Return to “General Discussion”