Since the Powers That Be and The Profiteers…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Since the Powers That Be and The Profiteers…….

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:50 am

……. have managed to take the game off the field and put it in a Committee Room, I am hopeful scenarios such as these actually happen. Maybe then they’ll pull their heads out of their rectums.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/27/c ... -scenarios

8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Since the Powers That Be and The Profiteers…….

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:19 am

I think the 3 unbeatens stay unbeaten and Washington loses to Oregon who takes their place in the 4
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:51 pm

Spence wrote:I think the 3 unbeatens stay unbeaten and Washington loses to Oregon who takes their place in the 4

You’re probably right, I’ve read where Washington has fallen off as the season progressed while Oregon has gotten better. I also saw where Florida State’s QB is out for the remainder of the season, but Louisville lost to Kentucky last weekend, so who knows???? Maybe those Iowa farm boys get a break or two, or three, or four and knock off Michigan and Roll Tide Roll pulls another rabbit out of their hat in Atlanta, they may have another one in their hat in addition to the one the Tide pulled out last weekend against Auburn…….. I’m just not a fan of Selection Committees.

Good Lord, I saw where my beloved Mountaineers got votes in one of the POLLS, a.k.a. ‘Committees’, with 8 wins. Hell’s Fire, they didn’t beat anybody with a pulse and lost to one team that was already comatose. :roll:

Maybe I’m just getting to darn old……. 8) 8) 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:28 pm

Oh don’t get me wrong, If Iowa knocks Harbaugh on his butt I am a happy guy. I just don’t think it will happen.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:49 pm

I have been on the WVU football board for over 20 years...have followed the Eers through the years.

Way back in 1982, FSU played WVU in the Gator Bowl. My wife and I sat next nto a young couple from West Virgina and we chatted during that miserable game (it rained, a 40 degree wind was blowing off of the river). We wemt out for a late dinner together and exchanged numbers..

You know, you never expect to contact each other again. But they called and said we are coming to Panama City for vacation...we met them, took them sailing in the Gulf, and had some good times...we later went to West Virginia and they showed us around...we both got pregnant about the same time, both had boys, and they grew up more like cousins as we spent vacations together.

Now. with the bpys grown and our retirements, we don't spend time together...but we cheer for WVU...through Rod, Stew, Holgy, and Brown...I'd like to see them in the Big 12 CCG.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:58 am

That is pretty cool.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:05 pm

billybud wrote:I have been on the WVU football board for over 20 years...have followed the Eers through the years.

Way back in 1982, FSU played WVU in the Gator Bowl. My wife and I sat next nto a young couple from West Virgina and we chatted during that miserable game (it rained, a 40 degree wind was blowing off of the river). We wemt out for a late dinner together and exchanged numbers..

You know, you never expect to contact each other again. But they called and said we are coming to Panama City for vacation...we met them, took them sailing in the Gulf, and had some good times...we later went to West Virginia and they showed us around...we both got pregnant about the same time, both had boys, and they grew up more like cousins as we spent vacations together.

Now. with the bpys grown and our retirements, we don't spend time together...but we cheer for WVU...through Rod, Stew, Holgy, and Brown...I'd like to see them in the Big 12 CCG.

I hear so few stories like that anymore. :(
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”