Championship Drive

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Championship Drive

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:36 pm

The house of cards, meaning the subjective reasoning and justifying the best 4 (8;16?) teams, is unraveling. This morning all I have heard is the justification for leaving Florida State out and Alabama in. This is the reason subjective decisions do not work. There is alway a subjective argument for inclusion of one team over another. It isn’t a group of 5 this year. Someone that is easily dismissed as not being from a power 5 so not deserving; it is a power 5 team to be railed against. You can’t leave the SEC out, can you! You can’t leave an undefeated power 5 out, can you? You can’t leave a team out for a team they beat head to head, can you?

Time to let every conference have a seat at the table and let the chips fall as they may. Will you guarantee the 8 best teams? No. What you will do is guarantee a path for National Champion for every single team in the nation if they win their games. If you don’t believe a conference belongs in FBS then kick them out, but let the house of cards fall and make it a fair system to every member of the league.

All that being said, I think Alabama is the only team who can knock Michigan out of the playoff and I would like that to happen. I just think the hypocrisy is thick today.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Championship Drive

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:32 pm

To me it is just plain wrong to drop Florida State. It is absolutely what is wrong with subjective ranking. Ohio State made the playoffs with a 3rd string qb and won it all.
The B1G and the SEC get advantages that the rest of the conferences do not, it isn’t right. Florida State is another team in a long list of teams that we’re screwed by the subjective process that is the college football selection committee.

Two one loss teams moved up in front of an undefeated team. Wow. Just completely wrong.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Championship Drive

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:22 pm

…………and all we heard was Texas hollering “Take Me!!! Take Me!!!……I BEAT ALABAMA!!!” But failed to mention “I lost to Oklahoma…..again” :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”