Happy New Year

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Happy New Year

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:37 pm

I hope the New Year bring stability to college football. Lord knows we need it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Happy New Year

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:59 pm

Happy New Year to all………. be careful with those resolutions, they say that ‘The road to Hell is paved with good intentions’. :wink:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIF.HRIBdZNVw ... ImgDetMain

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:41 pm

My resolution is to drink more Weller blue. Working on one tonight.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:28 am

I noticed you posted the same post twice…….. I’ll attribute that to the “Weller Blue Effect”, and speaking of such I tip my Bourbon Glass to you along with 3 ounces of 1792.

:D :D :D Happy New Year to all…….. sure hope I don’t blow myself up with these skyrockets and mortars. :shock:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:39 am

:lol: I am not a collector. I buy a bottle, I will drink it. It was an old fashioned kind of night last night.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:35 pm

Happy New Year Gentlemen!! I hope it's a good one. Just love the way the few of us continue to troddle on. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:34 pm

I beginning to get a little uneasy about Billy. He hasn’t been on in a while, I hope he is ok and just not signing in.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:01 am

Man, it just dawned on me after checking back in today that it's basically been 18 years since I first posted around on the CFP message boards. The landscape has changed so much since then it's a little wild to reflect on that. I'm 99% sure my first time visiting the forum was summer of 2005.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:23 am

Eric wrote:Man, it just dawned on me after checking back in today that it's basically been 18 years since I first posted around on the CFP message boards. The landscape has changed so much since then it's a little wild to reflect on that.

Ah yes, them old days before this site became its own home ...

Remember the Sparklit forums?

The guys that launched us here, had used a Poll Site that allowed them to run as many Polls as they wanted, to get the general feel for the national fan vibe.

They had a forum for every Div 1-A {FBS} conference, one as a poll that was a mash of fans to debate the best conference and a forum poll for fans to debate who should be the #1 team.

A rather feisty corner of the web, had we.

Eric wrote:I'm 99% sure my first time visiting the forum was summer of 2005.

I don't the years directly when everyone came aboard.

I remember when Mountainman first made his appearance and conversed with the regulars, I referred to him as a Newbie. C'Ville Sooner {BOOMER SOONER !!!!!!!!!!!!!} then asked if we should make the Newbie one of us.

Mountainman replied by saying, I'm not sure if I know what a Newbie is.

Spence and I had interactions all the way back to at least 2002.

My first posting were as far back as 2000. In that time, it wasn't set up as a Forum, but more in the design of a long continuous chat room. You could scroll back for several days to see what others had said. All in one thread.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:13 pm

A group of thoughtful and reasonable men around here……… not a lot of rah-rah. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZ4eU58pPo

Man…….. I must have been hungover something fierce this morning to post something like that. :roll:

………… and Cane, as far as that ‘Newbe’ stuff, I wasn’t about to ‘voluntarily’ sit butt naked on a block of ice and then bend over and get my buttocks beat with a paddle!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Mountainman on Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:16 pm

I can’t remember the first year I was on. It was between 2000 and 2002. Boomer and I had a few knock down drag outs. Donovan was around then too. Different name. I can’t remember it either.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 am

Spence wrote:I can’t remember the first year I was on. It was between 2000 and 2002. Boomer and I had a few knock down drag outs. Donovan was around then too. Different name. I can’t remember it either.

I think my first visit to the old board was 2002. A co-worker, Bama fan, told me about it. He supposedly joined this board at one time. I'll have to see if he's still on the list.

I miss donovan's musings. He was such a nice guy to meet in person.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:05 am

Derek wrote:
Spence wrote:I can’t remember the first year I was on. It was between 2000 and 2002. Boomer and I had a few knock down drag outs. Donovan was around then too. Different name. I can’t remember it either.

I think my first visit to the old board was 2002. A co-worker, Bama fan, told me about it. He supposedly joined this board at one time. I'll have to see if he's still on the list.

I miss donovan's musings. He was such a nice guy to meet in person.

He was a really good guy. I never met him in person, but talked to him on email several times.

Return to “General Discussion”