Rose Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Rose Bowl

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:28 pm

As a faithful fan of Ohio State and the B1G I must put aside the rivalry and my animosity towards TTUN and do like my friends to the south and root for the B1G in the Rose Bowl. Root for TTUN with all my might to bring home a win and Championship for the B1G, right? NOPE, ROLL TIDE!
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Rose Bowl

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:59 pm

……….and there you have it, a human attribute rarely found this day and time.

It’s call integrity……. that quality of being honest and having strong moral principles, moral uprightness. A man who is unwavering in his genuine dislike and disgust for that ‘school up north’

:lol: :lol: :lol:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:34 pm

I don't care if it's Michigan or Texas, I just want Alabama to get crushed. 8)

Edit: Or Washington
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 pm

Well I’ll be dammed……. There’s two of ‘em, RIGHT HERE ON THIS BOARD!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:40 am

Kind of a weird feeling today. Was just mostly annoyed the entire game, and then relieved towards the end. But mostly annoyed for having to sit through that. The offense and the coaching decisions are still driving me nuts. This isn't a vintage Alabama team, kind of their B+ version that happened to beat enough good teams to make the final four this year, but it was a gritty win. Still, I want an entirely revamped offense at some point in the near future. But you know that saying about gift horses, so I'll save my complaining for the offseason.

I will say that I'm not looking forward to Washington. I would have rather faced Texas because they aren't as sharp offensively. They have their moments but Michigan's defense could have kept them under 28. Washington I'm not so sure. Their passing game is so efficient and smooth that I think they will score 30 against us. The issue is I don't know what our path looks like to 30 points. McCarthy doesn't get any reps in our system so he is behind on his development. He could be elite, but he and the receivers don't pass the football enough or take enough downfield strikes to develop a rhythm or better chemistry. Basically Michigan makes offense look difficult, and Washington doesn't. UW probably should be favored, but I doubt it since the media hype is on our side.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”