NIL Collectives Convene in Florida……….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

NIL Collectives Convene in Florida……….

Postby Mountainman » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:30 pm

…………… for first time, Seems every group in and around College Football is busy drawing up battle plans.

Lordy, Lordy……. what a mess. 8)

https://sports.yahoo.com/while-ncaa-tri ... 47535.html

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NIL Collectives Convene in Florida……….

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:45 pm

Everyone suing and Nero burning Rome as we speak.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:43 pm

Spence wrote:Everyone suing and Nero burning Rome as we speak.

………and I believe I read somewhere that he was playing a fiddle while it burned. :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:22 pm

Mountainman wrote:

………and I believe I read somewhere that he was playing a fiddle while it burned. :wink:

Yep. With the amount of players Ohio State is getting into the fold now, it leaves me to believe they weren't paying players before NIL. It seems they have just realized the power of the purse in this game.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:23 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Yep. With the amount of players Ohio State is getting into the fold now, it leaves me to believe they weren't paying players before NIL. It seems they have just realized the power of the purse in this game.

Right, wrong or indifferent…….. in today’s environment, they had no choice. 8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:26 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

The problem for flurDah! is how they made a mess of it themselves ...

They gave Rashada a $13 million NIL quote to get him to sign.

Then they told him; "Well ,,, you see, we don't actually have $13 million for you. But we can give you 1⁄10 of that. How's that sound to you? "

They broke the rules by first offering a kid a monetary value before signing.
Second, by not setting an NIL contract that offers the kid $$$ for endorsement opportunities.
Third, by offering the kid $$$ under false pretenses which they never intended to fulfill upon signature.

You can call it the Wild Wild West all you like.

But they knowingly and purposefully broke the rules.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:44 pm

They may have did that, but the NCAA making rules after the fact are the biggest issue and the fact that they let things evolve to the point where they are infact toothless.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm

Rather than using my own words, I’ll use this guy’s words…….. I think he’s got it right.

Every group in and around College Football is guilty of contributing to this current mess……. from players, coaches, athletic directors, school presidents, school governing bodies, conferences, conference commissioners, donors, boosters, the NCAA and corporate America.

I could go on a peed-off rant about right now, but I’m not supposed to mix blood pressure medications and alcohol!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hell…… this thing is so screwed-up the Congress of the United States of America won’t touch it. Well, that is probably a good thing……. :lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-stuck-in- ... 29158.html

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 pm

I believe that we are in the last days of major college sports.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:07 pm

Spence wrote:I believe that we are in the last days of major college sports.

That’s my take………. I believe it’s time for me to also toss in my paddle and wave my white flag. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:00 am

I will follow until the end and hope they get something that looks reasonably like what it should look like.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:57 am

I’ll check and see how I feel about all this chaos in 7 months……. :roll:

In the meantime, this approach is worth watching in today’s environment, makes sense to me. Shop around and get yourself a good used car.

This is what I like about guys like Deon, he looks, he sees and says ‘Let’s beat ‘em at their own game.’

8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... transfers/

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:50 pm

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:12 pm

Well…….. I’ll say it no matter how much denial there is. The College Football Model is on its deathbed, and is on the verge of looking just like the NFL. HELL, there’s Free Agency with the Transfer Portal, there’s Pay For Play with NIL, and LOW AND BEHOLD, it’s going to a TWELVE TEAM playoff model that’s very similar to the NFL Playoff, and tell me that the BIG and the SEC don’t look like the coming of a merger about to happen, just like AFL and NFL did.

‘College Football Model, so to speak, has been prostituted for money……. ‘while Rome burned’.

8)

Return to “General Discussion”