Judge says, ‘No Rules Enforcement for NIL’…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Judge says, ‘No Rules Enforcement for NIL’…….

Postby Mountainman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:00 pm

………. I wonder if anyone has thought about paying players not to play????? :roll:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-can-no-lo ... 05241.html

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Judge says, ‘No Rules Enforcement for NIL’…….

Postby Mountainman » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:42 pm

Trey Wallace’s take: ‘It’s over…………….’

https://www.outkick.com/sports/ncaa-dea ... tion-court

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:38 am

What this is a nail in the coffin for is college athletics, period. My daughter has signed to play college golf and she may be one of the last classes to have scholarship money available for college athletics. Which is a shame because lots of sports that colleges play do not generate millions and millions of dollars. The sports that these kids play are going to be the unintended consequences of this. If you a lucky enough to be able to play a sport in college and advance your abilities and another level while also receiving help with your education, it helps these families a lot. These kids rarely get full rides. Most receive partial scholarships to varying degrees.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 pm

Spence wrote:What this is a nail in the coffin for is college athletics, period. My daughter has signed to play college golf and she may be one of the last classes to have scholarship money available for college athletics. Which is a shame because lots of sports that colleges play do not generate millions and millions of dollars. The sports that these kids play are going to be the unintended consequences of this. If you a lucky enough to be able to play a sport in college and advance your abilities and another level while also receiving help with your education, it helps these families a lot. These kids rarely get full rides. Most receive partial scholarships to varying degrees.

Tell you what…….. if these guys even touch TitleIX they’ll not only see, but they’ll feel what’s meant by “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”.

As mentioned earlier here on the board…… these peckerwoods that have exploited for profit and put College Athletics in the position they find themselves have two issues they absolutely resolve:

1. Dealing with the fact the Men’s Football and Basketball produce the vast majority of their revenues.

2. TitleIX prohibits sex-based discrimination in any school OR any other education program that receives funding from the federal government.

……….btw, my daughter was a softball player in college, meaning I’ve seen the benefits.

8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:13 pm

I think they have already trashed title nine. My daughter likes being part of a team. I think playing college golf will allow her to get better and get that experience of traveling with a team. She was the number 1 or 2 for the whole time she was in high school, but she had her coach push her, in college she will have to learn to work on her own. That is a skill set that will take her places if she can master it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:16 pm

So this judge is undoubtedly a Tenn fan?????
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”