Va Tech Serving Notice

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Va Tech Serving Notice

Postby Vileborg » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 am

Va Tech is BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One half of the stadium was shouting TYROD and the other half would answer with TAYLOR!!!!

You could tell that the offense needed a few plays to get clicking on all cylinders. It literally took the receivers the first 20 minutes of the game to get used to his CANNON! The score in the game does no justice to what I witnessed. What it missed is the undercurrent for the team. The defense that Va Tech is known for showed up this week. Can you blame them for taking the LSU game off? Everyone was sick of Sean Glennon and the inability of the offense to score points. How hard are you going to play on defense when your offense consistently 3 and outs on you? How hard are you going to play when you know your offense can't score a point if their lives depended on it?
They played Ohio on Saturday and you can look at the score of 28-7 and say a little about the team, but what you didn't see that I saw first hand at Lane stadium was the emergence of an offense, and the awakening that occurred in Hall & Adibi. What you didn't see was the athletic phenomena in the form of Tyrod Taylor. He looks like a 5th year senior more than he does a true freshman. The kids got a cannon and he's got mobility, but he's also got the "touch". All four touchdowns were scored by the offense starting before halftime and ending midway through the fourth when they put Glennon in to take some reps. The second string defense was in the whole fourth quarter, and Ohio didn't even have a first down the whole second half.
You can think I'm just throwing out some hype, but this kid is going to better than Michael Vick was. Vick was a play maker and could make the plays to win the game, but this kid has that score all day long and as much as I want vibe to him. The score would have been a lot worse, but Morgan fumbled inside the five on their second drive. A drive which was spurred by a 60 yard pass to Morgan that he threw with little more than a flick of his wrist while avoiding the rush. You could tell the receivers weren't ready for such accurate passes nor the velocity he puts on them with a flip of his wrist.
In closing the last time the Hokies scored four touchdowns on offense was in the middle of October last year against Southern Miss and that was all the running game. The last time the Hokies threw for 275+ yards was week 5 last year losing to Georgia Tech, most of which was after the yellow jackets put in their second string. Only once since then did they break 200 yards and some games they didn't even break 100 yds in the air. Tyrod Taylor may only be 18 years old and only 3 months removed from his high school graduation but by watching him you'd never know he wasn't at least a junior third year starter. I watched the offense come together before my eyes, I watched a defense awaken. They have William & Mary, and UNC the next two weeks to finish putting the pieces in place, and on Oct. 6 Clemson better be ready because the Hokies are comin, and hells comin with them.

NOTICE HAS BEEN SERVED!!!!!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Va Tech Serving Notice

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:50 am

Ohio U has a pretty good team too. They will probably win the MAC.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:05 am

Vileborg wrote:You can think I'm just throwing out some hype...

Like when you were talking about Glennon winning the Heisman? :wink:

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:00 am

I LUV U 2 MAN!!!! I've been a fan of college football for going on 20 years, and I honestly can't remember a quarterback that is this good out of the box. Not that many programs actually let True Freshman start. VT last started a true Freshman in 1982.
I'll be honest he made a few mistakes. Either he or the receivers made a handful of route mistakes. There was a couple times when he should have thrown the ball away and he needs to learn to slide more when he scampers, but the things that are in place are incredible, and to remember that he's literally just out of high school.
You had to see the game, the receivers were sacrificing themselves to make plays. Ore came back out in the second half and even with bruised ribs stepped up his running. Hall was possessed, and the Hokie defense was foaming at the mouth. The whole program was injected with HOPE. QB was the only piece that was missing, and I don't know if he would have been ready for LSU had they started him first of the year, but when they roll into Clemson in three weeks the offense should have all the little glitches out of the way and the Hokies will be ready to explode into PRIMETIME BABY!

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:55 am

I, too, am excited that Virginia Tech will now rebound and have a very good year. I'm just really ticked that the coaches didn't see how much better off we would be with Taylor to start the season. I have no doubt that the LSU game would have been completely different - we may not have won but it wouldn't have been the embarrasment that it was. I take nothing away from LSU - they are an AWESOME football team!

Taylor has another softy this week, then the ACC season opens. UNC will be a reasonable test for his first game, but the trip to Clemson will be the tell-all.

As excited as I am, I have to remind myself this kid just turned 18 and he may make a few mistakes along the way when the competition ratchets ups. But man, do I feel a whole lot better about our offense now.

Sean Glennon was worse than Grant Noel, and that's pretty bad.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:45 am

Reading your pre season diatribes about Sean Glennon....I can see true Southern loyalty...back them up until their chest caves in...........
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:39 am

I'm not taking anything away from Taylor. He may certainly be what the Hokies need to reboot this season.

But, don't give all the credit to him.

Remember, Va Tech just came back home after a humiliating loss to possibly the best team in the nation. Some of that Hokie charge, may actually have been to rebound that loss, with a sound home showing.

With the crowd, passion, and need to make somebody pay for that foobu in Baton Rouge, Virginia Tech took the field on fire. Unfortunately for the Bobcats, it looks like it was Ohio that was the somebody who was on the receiving end of an immanent beat down.

But the Hokies do look good with Taylor behind the Center.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”