Fact or Fiction....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:35 pm

The odds are definately in your favor on those. :D

If I had to pick one to bet with your i'd say...California will not win 9. Oregon is the sleeper team this year. IMO
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:44 pm

Spence wrote:Fact, it is a mortal lock.
Only because you are a moderator now!
I'm not sure if I should be 'flattered'? Oh well, I'll try to take it as a compliment. :)
by the way, I should say something I've been meaning to say for a while.
I think the 'bar' has been risen somewhat in how we treat each other here.
I, for one am happy that we are more inclined to view each other on more 'favorable' terms. I wish I could take credit for it, but the reality is I think we've all become a lot better in that regard.
My hat's off to you all for being aces! (Where do I cash in? I need $.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:41 pm

I, for one am happy that we are more inclined to view each other on more 'favorable' terms. I wish I could take credit for it, but the reality is I think we've all become a lot better in that regard.

I don't think so...only yesterday, you said I "must be smoking something" for posting that Colorado played FSU in 2003..(and of course, FSU plastered Colorado 47-7 in 2003). You have never acknowledged your error, so rudely put.

I still think that you are a football idiot or someone who does an excellent interpretation of an idiot. And until you show me that you are not an idiot, that will be my take.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:27 pm

BB, tell us what you really think!

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:31 pm

Oh, I do...but I do tone it down for public consumption..LOL
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:36 pm

Do I believe that TCU is a power team or do I believe that TCU is a
Mini-me trying to look like one of the big boys?

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:48 pm

We pick on TCU a lot, mainly because we get sick of hearing about them, but that was frickin awesome when they beat OU. Oklahoma was good this past year. They lost to Texas Tech because of a bad call(s), and got that kiester kicked by UT, but TCU played a solid 4 quarters to pull that off. Remember, Tomlinson played there.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:00 pm

TCU caught Oklahoma early in the season's first game...the last game that the Sooners played before TCU was the embarrassing 55-19 thumping that they took in the bowl. Offenses usually take longer to come on line than do defenses...Oklahoma got better.

TCU, in their next game, was held to 10 points and beaten by SMU...then TCU was unable, in regulation time, to beat Utah or BYU...they did win the OT. Not decisive wins...but wins.

Other than catching Oklahoma early, TCU did not beat another team who was ranked at the end of the year. Like hitting off of the ladies tees...

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:38 pm

billybud wrote:TCU caught Oklahoma early in the season's first game...the last game that the Sooners played before TCU was the embarrassing 55-19 thumping that they took in the bowl. Offenses usually take longer to come on line than do defenses...Oklahoma got better.

TCU, in their next game, was held to 10 points and beaten by SMU...then TCU was unable, in regulation time, to beat Utah or BYU...they did win the OT. Not decisive wins...but wins.

Other than catching Oklahoma early, TCU did not beat another team who was ranked at the end of the year. Like hitting off of the ladies tees...
I don't really have a problem with someone having a different point of view, provided its' based on substantial evidence.
The position you subscribe to is based on 'shaky' at best, evidence, if that.
In fact it's based on the result of one game, against a team (SMU) that was supposed to be a lot worse than they were, relative to the rest of the conference. You can be like Eric, and refer to the T. A&M debacle, if you want. They lost 66-8, I think was the final margin. But it was a game, until halftime. Maybe that's not a rallying cry, but when has Texas A&M ever run up the score on anyone? Nobody, I guess (ask Baylor).
Even so, SMU was one win from playing in the Houston Bowl, against KU.
One OT (to Marshall) is all that separated them from being in a bowl.
So, in retrospect, TCU's loss to SMU maybe doesn't look so bad.

The other games you refer to, were huge wins for TCU. Don't make light of them, simply because you have no respect for the MWC. Utah beat the tar out of Georgia Tech, maybe Utah wasn't too bad? BYU played Cal in a bowl, seems to me it wasn't a blowout, Cal isn't too bad, either.
So they were OT wins. Seems to me they count the same, as other wins.
Part of why they initiated OT in teh first place, I'm guessing.

Now, if you want to form a 'valid' position, based on relevant information, go ahead. I think I've thown the gauntlet down before. The closest anyone has come to putting TCU in a negative light is Eric. He based it on solid evidence, but I don't think losing one game to a 'rival' in their home stadium is sufficient basis for discounting an entire year of success.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:59 pm

Well......BYU scored all of 3 points when bC romped all over them last year. I wasn't that impressed with the offensive production of BYU against BC.

Yeah, Utah beat GT but was also whipped 31-17 by North Carolina. Utah was OK, but not a really good team. For perspective, GT has never beaten FSU in the ACC and North Carolina has beaten FSU once. Beacause of that, it is difficult for me to consider these guys as really tough teams.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:05 pm

You gotta remember FSU has some of the fastest guys in the country, been running from the cops all their lives.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:09 pm

Yeofoot...I guess your star running back that just got caught in May with five pounds of marijuana in his backpack needed more training...

Since he was arrested with a felony possession count, I assume he has been booted from the team.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:51 pm

He didn't run from the cops. He actually is the one that called the cops. You really don't know what you're talking about do you? Also, he's not the star, Jamaal Charles is. I'm just giddy that he didn't rape any women at the hotel before the bowl game. Like a certain FSU teammate did. Hey, do you think that the linebacker that "allegedly" was involved in that was alone? You think none of his buddies heard him bragging about it. The sad thing is, you're not sure if which linebacker or year I'm talking about. Look up the stats on alumni in jail, I'd put all my CFP bucks on FSU being #2 behind #1 Miami!

If this were a playground, you'd be the bully. You're like the bully that picks on CLF to make yourself look cool. You ARE NOT. You say CLF makes no sense, YOU make no sense. You root for a thug school from a thug state. Argue all you want, but face it, people hold FSU to the same standard they hold Miami, a bunch of thuggy losers.

Like Hank Jr said "I'd put Florida on the right track, cause I'd take Miami back, and throw all those pushers in the slammer"
Last edited by Yeofoot on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:52 pm

Oh, and my criminal is Faster than your criminal

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:33 pm

Admin Notice: That is enough rock throwing guys. Lets get back on topic.

We just have a couple of months until we have real football to talk about. Lets try not to eat each other alive before the season starts.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”