Current Gaming Odds to win 2006 NC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Current Gaming Odds to win 2006 NC

Postby billybud » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:42 pm

Notre Dame and Ohio State are the faves....

Others 10-1 and less... WVU, Oklahoma, USC

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/futures/ncaafootball.html
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:47 pm

I think that Notre Dame and Ohio State are only going to win 10 games this year. Notre Dame will lose to USC and Michigan and Ohio State will lose to Texas and Iowa. I just think defense is the problem for these two schools. For Ohio State, it will be early on, but near the end of the season, they should be one of the more dangerous teams in NCAA football.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:48 pm

Whoops, that should read Michigan State. Michigan doesn't stand a chance in South Bend because of Good Ol' Lloyd! :x

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:47 pm

Eric wrote:I think that Notre Dame and Ohio State are only going to win 10 games this year. Notre Dame will lose to USC and Michigan and Ohio State will lose to Texas and Iowa. I just think defense is the problem for these two schools. For Ohio State, it will be early on, but near the end of the season, they should be one of the more dangerous teams in NCAA football.
I can maybe see why N.D. is one of the favorites but am curious why Ohio State, is as well.
I thought Ohio State rallied pretty well, after losing to Penn St. Beating N.D. in the Fiesta Bowl, I suppose, was impressive, but Notre Dame, really wasn't that good, end of year, IMO. Nearly losing to Stanford, in a year that Stanford likely wasn't that great says something about how good they were (not to imply that N.D. wasn't a good team, mind you).
Actually, I wouldn't mind a Fiesta Bowl 'rematch' featuring those teams.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:05 pm

Ohio State nor Notre Dame will be in the championship game.

Ohio State was as good as anyone in the country last year. This year however they have 9 inexperienced players on defense. Their first 5 games are Northern Illinois, Texas, Cincinnati, Iowa, and Penn St. 3 of those teams should be ranked and that is alot to ask of 1st. year starters. There is plenty of talent and by the end of the year they should be pretty good, but they are going to struggle a little early. That will hurt them when they play a good defensive team.

The B-10 overall will be down next year. Iowa and Michigan will have the most experience, one of them will beat Ohio State and Eric's right about the Texas game. Probably too much for a young defense to handle. Unless the Texas QB spits the bit and can't take advantage of what is given to him. If so the Ohio State offense is good enough to beat anybody.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:37 pm

Spence wrote:Ohio State nor Notre Dame will be in the championship game.

Ohio State was as good as anyone in the country last year. This year however they have 9 inexperienced players on defense. Their first 5 games are Northern Illinois, Texas, Cincinnati, Iowa, and Penn St. 3 of those teams should be ranked and that is alot to ask of 1st. year starters. There is plenty of talent and by the end of the year they should be pretty good, but they are going to struggle a little early. That will hurt them when they play a good defensive team.

The B-10 overall will be down next year. Iowa and Michigan will have the most experience, one of them will beat Ohio State and Eric's right about the Texas game. Probably too much for a young defense to handle. Unless the Texas QB spits the bit and can't take advantage of what is given to him. If so the Ohio State offense is good enough to beat anybody.

I cant believe how often I agree with you.. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:08 pm

Great minds.........

This is one time I hope I am proven wrong. :cry: As much as the homer in me wants to believe that losing nine starters on defense won't matter, that Ohio State has enough talent to not miss a beat, you can't lose 5 guys to the first round on the NFL draft and not miss a beat. The guys waiting in the wings are good, they could end up being great, but they won't be good enough out of the gate to make a championship run this year.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:49 pm

Ohio State can easily win 10 games this year though. Don't be suprised if that happens. I just think that Iowa is going to lose to Iowa State again and they'll lose somewhere in the Big 10. I'm kind of leaning between 9 or 10 wins for Ohio State. They might lose another big-time Big 10 matchup than I mentioned. Even so, I don't think 9-3 would be that disappointing considering the loss on defense.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:09 pm

So, it looks like these guys are giving the best odds to:

1. Notre Dame @ 3-1
2. Ohio State @ 4-1
3. Oklahoma @ 8-1
4. West Virginia @ 9-1

Hmmmmmmmm ...... I wonder what odds they gave that Oregon State would win the College World Series or that the University of Florida would win the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:11 pm

Eric wrote:Ohio State can easily win 10 games this year though. Don't be suprised if that happens. I just think that Iowa is going to lose to Iowa State again and they'll lose somewhere in the Big 10. I'm kind of leaning between 9 or 10 wins for Ohio State. They might lose another big-time Big 10 matchup than I mentioned. Even so, I don't think 9-3 would be that disappointing considering the loss on defense.

Would you consider 9-3 from Michigan disappointing. :roll: You know how Buckeye fans think. :wink:

I think it is possible that Ohio State ends up 8-4. I hate to admit that, but our defensive backfield will get burned a lot early. The D-Line and Linebackers will be very good though.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:20 am

mountainman wrote:So, it looks like these guys are giving the best odds to:

1. Notre Dame @ 3-1
2. Ohio State @ 4-1
3. Oklahoma @ 8-1
4. West Virginia @ 9-1

Hmmmmmmmm ...... I wonder what odds they gave that Oregon State would win the College World Series or that the University of Florida would win the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. :roll:

Exactly. Lord, I hate Notre Dame. 8)

Not it's people just the team and the attention/free pass they get. Sorry Irish88. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”