relationships w/ the media depts.

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:25 am

how do you get to the front page?

i've got this page saved on my favorites and that's how i get here d'oh!!!!

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:28 am

nevermind, i found it.....i forgot that was there :oops: heehee!

btw, what's with the half nakey chicks all over it?

i vote for more half nakey men ads........any seconds????

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Can't help you there bama-girl. :lol:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:05 pm

that's what i figured :lol:

i was just kiddin guys!!! half nakey chicks go with the territoryi reckon.
AND the ads probably keep the summer break kiddies out of here too, they get stuck clickin all over the purty girls :lol:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Actually we don't have direct contact with 'Bama. We actually have a great relationship set up with the SEC who supply us photos for all of their member schools. The photo up now is the only one available at this time other than player head-shots.

You may notice that almost all of our photos on the front page have been of an SEC team (we're still trying to work things out with a ton of other schools, but no one is very helpful).

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:42 am

sorry about that MECU :lol:

click on the page again, there were three there yesterday, maybe they are back now :wink:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:29 am

I'll bet $100.00 CFP bucks that if those half nakey chicks are gone that Yeofoot invited them to Arizona to party. :lol:

........... on second thought, I haven't seen Chink, Bloom, Maysel and Phil for a couple of days ............ :shock: :o :shock:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:56 pm

I wonder how the competition affects a sites ability to get info?

I'd expect, for instance, that it would be easier to have a tight ACC connection than a tight FSU connection....Both Gene Williams with Warchant (a Rivals site) and Dave Peters with The Territory (Scout site) have built up contacts with the Nole coaches...Gene at Warchant, in particular, has become at times, almost a private arm of the athletic department. When the NCAA decided that the Seminoles had to change their name..it was advantageous for things to "leak" on the Warchant site...including fax and email addresses of NCAA committee heads, paraphrasing of what the school thought of the committee...stuff that couldn't be officially said
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:58 pm

Neither Ohio State nor the B-10 will give out anything. Believe me I have tried. There may be something to the Rivals and Scout connections. Scout is owned by fox, so they have connections and cash, and ran by Florida's Jaime Newberg.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:35 pm

billybud wrote:I wonder how the competition affects a sites ability to get info?

I'd expect, for instance, that it would be easier to have a tight ACC connection than a tight FSU connection....Both Gene Williams with Warchant (a Rivals site) and Dave Peters with The Territory (Scout site) have built up contacts with the Nole coaches...Gene at Warchant, in particular, has become at times, almost a private arm of the athletic department. When the NCAA decided that the Seminoles had to change their name..it was advantageous for things to "leak" on the Warchant site...including fax and email addresses of NCAA committee heads, paraphrasing of what the school thought of the committee...stuff that couldn't be officially said

Speaking of the gustopo(sp) forcing people to change their names....I hope you guys dont do that crap!!! And your Athletic Dept grows some bals :x

I hate PC orginizations!!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:59 am

LOL...what do you mean? FSU came out so strong they scared the crap out of the NCAA who said "oops" , the Seminoles are OK. The school was not going to lie down, would not go quietly.

The AD, the President...all said they were willing to go to the mats (legally speaking)....Since the NCAA only can dictate in postseason and tournament play...the Seminoles said that, if the courts backed the NCAA (and that wasn't likely) the Noles might play as Seminoles during the season and, in bowls and tournaments, break out new logos and go as the Noles. Noles being defined as "renegades"...a made up word like Hokies.

The sequence was as illustrated below...

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:NA ... =clnk&cd=1

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2130079

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/24/Sport ... n_FS.shtml
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:58 am

I love Jeb's comments.

Jeb for Prez '08.

ktffan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ktffan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:20 am

More interesting is the North Dakota battle with the NCAA over their mascot. That one's going to court.

Return to “General Discussion”