Pointless Offseason Topic:

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pointless Offseason Topic:

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:31 pm

Which NCAA record will be broken this year?

One that will definitely go down is the longest field goal. That kid from Colorado is going to make some jaws drop. What's his name, Mason Cosby or Crosby or something like that.

My hopeful record is Jamaal Charles breaking the single season rushing record. He's got a great line, and I'm sure they are putting together a rushing offense this coming year.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pointless Offseason Topic:

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:45 pm

Yeofoot wrote:Which NCAA record will be broken this year?

My hopeful record is Jamaal Charles breaking the single season rushing record. He's got a great line, and I'm sure they are putting together a rushing offense this coming year.

He'll have to do really well after getting shut down on Sept. 9th. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:06 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm ..... things are heating up already. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:40 pm

Is Torp still the punter at CU? I noticed he was doing very well against Clemson.

I think Graham Harrell might break B.J. Symon's single-season NCAA passing record. I think this is possible because all of the threats at reciever. Plus, they won't run as much since Henderson is gone, but the running game will still be kind of productive. Colt Brennan might have a shot at it, but he plays at Fresno, at Alabama, and at Boise State. If he could toss between 250-300 yards at those games, he might have enough WAC cupcake secondaries to torch for the record. Hawaii pretty much stands no chance in those games, considering how bad they play on the road.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Re: Pointless Offseason Topic:

Postby mountainman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:06 pm

Yeofoot wrote:Which NCAA record will be broken this year?

Attendance.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:33 pm

Torp was the only reason Colorado was in the ballgame in the first half of the Champs Sports Bowl; it seemed field position played a big part in that game, Colorado just couldn't get anything going offensively with Cox.

I've heard that there's been a problem at quarterback in camp. Who is the leading candidate to take over Klatt's position?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:36 am

Most convictions of NCAA football players in one year =]

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 am

He'll have to do really well after getting shut down on Sept. 9th.

I'm so nervous, especially with all those linebackers coming back!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:47 pm

Yeofoot wrote:
He'll have to do really well after getting shut down on Sept. 9th.

I'm so nervous, especially with all those linebackers coming back!

Linebacker isn't a problem. We have six waiting in the wings, four with experience, two potential all-americans.

DB is the problem we have to solve. Your new QB will have to be the one to knock us around.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Welcome aboard RaliLlama.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:08 am

What about freshman season rushing record with that Wells boy? Looks like everyone will be out to stop the passing game, which could really open it up for him. Especially since OSU is in that wussy B-10 conference.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Yeofoot wrote:What about freshman season rushing record with that Wells boy? Looks like everyone will be out to stop the passing game, which could really open it up for him. Especially since OSU is in that wussy B-10 conference.

I know what you mean, the B-10 seems to be headed in that wussy pass first spread thing. Copying the B-12. I hate it. :lol:

Seriously, you should see Wells run. He is brutal and he has good vision. he is a real life straight ahead runner, coming in at 235lbs. He won't set the rushing record though, because Pittman will get the bulk of the carries next year. You will see him a lot in short yardage plays and the redzone offense.

We also just got commitments from the top 2 runningbacks in the state. One is a power runner and the other is a speed guy. Both will probably RS next year to add some weight.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:41 pm

Spence wrote:that wussy pass first spread thing.

:lol: ******** :lol: ******** :lol: ******* :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:21 pm

I can't help it. I hate the spread. I think teams use the spread to cover up deficiencies in their offense. Offensive line problems, lack of a good straight ahead runner, or a QB that doesn't throw very well. In Ohio State's case it had to do a little with the OT position and a lot with the straight ahead runner.

I like to see good old fashioned head banging. I don't mind the pro set with 3 wide, but most college offenses would get killed running a pro set. I want my QB directing traffic and picking a part defenses. Not looking for running lanes. The spread to me is just a creative extention of the option attack.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:56 pm

You ole traditionalist you. :P

"that wussy pass first spread thing" :lol:

I came in from cutting the grass this evening and re-hydrated with a couple of MGD's (actually it was three) ...... Mountainmama had made salad and spaghetti with meatballs and sausages for dinner along with that dag-gum bread that you pull apart and is tough and hard to chew ...... then I read your take on the spread offense and got tickled.

My gut has been hurting ever since. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”