Big East Cinderella Conference?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Are VPI and BC better off in the ACC?

Yes. The Big East can't survive without them.
20%
No. They should petition the Big East to return.
20%
No.But now they're stuck the Big E would reject them.
60%

Total votes: 10

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:51 pm

Be sure to take her on a carriage ride through the historic district when you go, billybud ..... preferably at night, she'll love it. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:19 pm

Billybud wrote:Stadium Size:
NORTH: College football stadiums hold 35,000 people.
SOUTH: High school football stadiums hold 35,000 people.

I know a few northern stadiums that can hold some people.

Ohio has several highschool stadiums that get into the 20,000+ range.

Tailgating starts on Wed. at Ohio State.

You are right about the BBQ, though. There is nothing like slow cooked smoked pork shoulder, nothing. People in my neck of the woods think BBQ is made with beef. :roll:

I am trying to convert them one party at a time. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:25 pm

Well, it looks like the University of Louisville is making a commitment to its football program ..... :D

I see where Coach Petrino just signed a new $25 million contract through the next 10 years and the Cardinals have announced $63 million for renovations to their 42,000 seat stadium that will upgrade to 63,500 seating capacity and a bunch of luxury boxes. :?

Coach Petrino says, "We are committed to playing for a national title." 8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:33 am

Spence, I'm looking at the reverse side of that statistic.

College stadiums in the North seat 3500.

The bigest stadium in the south:
104,079 seats, Neyland Stadium Knoxville, Tennessee.

And though, other stadiums in the south do have a few that crack the 90,000 mark, no-other southern stadium breaches 100,000.

The biggest stadiums in the north:
107,501 seats, Michigan Stadium Ann Arbor, Michigan -
107,282 seats, Beaver Stadium State College, Pennsylvania -
101,568 seats, Ohio Stadium Columbus, Ohio (which actually sold over that amount to 104,000 in a record crowd for the stadium in Ohio State's game last season hosting the Longhorns)

I'm not saying that all of the northern schools are as enthusiastic about football as the south.
But some of the schools up here are just as eager for each pending game as any one else.

And , though a thorn in Spence's eye, if you have ever been to a Michigan tailgate, they have some of the best darn food available.

An d I do mean, "available".

There are Wolverine fans who live for the tailgate, and actually set up large tents, and buffet lines, where you can fill up your plate... FREE!

Gotta Love that midwestern hospitality.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:40 am

Spence, I'm looking at the reverse side of that statistic.

College stadiums in the North seat 3500.

The bigest stadium in the south:
104,079 seats, Neyland Stadium Knoxville, Tennessee.

And though, other stadiums in the south do have a few that crack the 90,000 mark, no-other southern stadium breaches 100,000.

The biggest stadiums in the north:
107,501 seats, Michigan Stadium Ann Arbor, Michigan -
107,282 seats, Beaver Stadium State College, Pennsylvania -
101,568 seats, Ohio Stadium Columbus, Ohio (which actually sold over that amount to 104,000 in a record crowd for the stadium in Ohio State's game last season hosting the Longhorns)

I'm not saying that all of the northern schools are as enthusiastic about football as the south.
But some of the schools up here are just as eager for each pending game as any one else.

And , though a thorn in Spence's eye, if you have ever been to a Michigan tailgate, they have some of the best darn food available.

An d I do mean, "available".

There are Wolverine fans who live for the tailgate, and actually set up large tents, and buffet lines, where you can fill up your plate... FREE!

Gotta Love that midwestern hospitality.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:33 pm

LOL...leave it up to Rali to come into a thread that we have pretty much closed down and try to throw a little gasoline around...

Hey...thought you might find this article about West Virginia interesting...written by a former Beckley newspaper guy...now in Florida.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:Jd ... =clnk&cd=3
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:52 pm

Well, you know, gasoline + oxygen + an ignition source while in a confined space will cause an explosion. I'd be sure that I wasn't the one who lit the match, that is if I really didn't want an explosion. :wink:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:56 pm

I'm a believer in spontaneous combustion....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:44 pm

Granted, ignition sources can come from numerous sources .... still, unless I really wanted to be a factor in an explosion, I would hope that I would be intelligent enough to avoid becoming one. :D

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:50 pm

I assume this message is aimed at Ralillama...

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:59 pm

I was unaware that they were flattening mountaintops in West Virginia...I sure hope the folks can stop that and save the natural beauty of the area.

Once it's gone, it's gone....I sometimes mourn the sleepy pre disney Florida of fifty years ago....long gone.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:01 pm

Your assumptions are yours, billybud. It's intended as just a friendly reminder.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:07 pm

OK Mountainman..let's clear the air then...I have not flamed..I have done nothing but note that a poster was again coming onto this thread with an anti-ACC post...after we had notice to "let it go"...that is it.

I think that you were fairly heavy handed in your not so veiled threat. You did not address the poster...the anti-ACC post..only hissed at me hinting that any response to an anti-ACC post might result in some action.

I do not abuse the SITE....I am a decent poster and I do expect even handed moderators...

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:12 pm

billybud,

The appropriate process for lodging a complaint about how I conduct myself as a moderator of this forum is to contact via PM:

openskies - as site administrator
Spence - as Head Moderator

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:18 pm

Mountainman...I am talking to you fellow to fellow...not filling out "official" complaints.

I don't do that, but I do believe in being up front.

Return to “General Discussion”