[Please Read] Posting, flaming, Attacking

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

[Please Read] Posting, flaming, Attacking

Postby Spence » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:04 pm

I haven't been on as much in the past week or so, so I can't (and won't) lay blame to all the petty little personal attacks. What I will say is that it is going to stop. If you disagree with someone and want to argue a point, go for it. But I do not want any name calling, or personal references to intelligence or honesty. That is going to stop now.

If some one calls you out in an argument, you may defend your position. You may defend your sources and you may state and hold your opinion. You have the right to believe that grass is blue if you wish, but defend your position without name calling.

Remember that all positions have several sides. Yours may make sense to you and be totally off the wall to someone else. Use facts to defend your position, but if it gets to the point that you become frustrated to the point of wanting to start name calling --LET IT GO.

This message board is a college football board. It isn't a team board for anyone. We all have our favorites and we all probably believe that they are better then they really are. All football related debate is encouraged, but lets try to keep it smart. Everyone who comes here say they stay because we don't let things breakdown and we try and keep the discussions intelligent. To keep it that way takes everyones help. If we are going to keep this message board the kind of board that you guys all came here for, you must do your part.

I do not want to see anymore of the petty stuff. Lets go forward and make this board a place where football conversation is the reason people come. Not to see a couple of guys see how low they can take a conversation. Lets raise the bar, not lower it.
Last edited by Spence on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:15 pm

As a side-note, warnings and bans will be issued much more liberally for these reasons now that EVERYONE has been warned.

ktffan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ktffan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:02 pm

Look, he falsely represented my position several times, naming me by name. First by saying:

Entitlement.....that is the word I would use. Some fans of the Big 5 think they are "entitled" to an extra bid because, in their opinion the Big East schedule is too weak and They are what College Football is all about. They constantly use words like whine and pout when describing Big East fans who actually have the audacity to disagree with them and demand equal treatment.

Entitlement....yep, that would describe the attitude of Ktffan.

I had said nothing that would even imply such a thing. I asked him to back it up and he said. When he didn't back it up, I asked him to do so again he says this:

If you knew HALF of what you claim to you would know to shut your mouth.

Now I hadn't made any claims to knowing things, what's this "claim to know" crap? He follows up with:

I look forward to watching you squirm this season. I bet you squirm real well. Most know-it-alls I've ever seen squirm like a worm on a hot rock when the know it all's suddenly is shown to be NOT a know it all....but just another hotair balloon trying to vent some air.

Having not said a single thing about where I think the Big East was heading, this is very confusing and a complete representation of anything I've said or believe. I asked him to back it up again and he says:

I don't need to back anything up.

What am I to do here? The guy continually claims I'm saying things I'm not and refuses to back any of it up. What's left but to call him out on it? When the situation sought to settle itself, he boldy came out and said he wanted no part of it.

Your board, you can do what you want, but if defending oneself it not allowed it's really not for me.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:16 pm

You may defend yourself, but the name calling has more to do with attacking then defending.

This is done. It is now over and forgotten. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. We just want it done the right way. I'm speaking to the whole board, not just one person. Lets just keep it civil.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:06 pm

Spence lives in Ohio on purpose, now there's an insult!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:23 pm

West Virginia is almost heaven.....because it is almost in Ohio. Of course, when you get to Cleveland you are approaching Hell. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:30 pm

By the way, the posts look a lot better today guys. It is possible to argue without calling anyone something. A good example is billybud and Mountainman on the "cinderella" thread. Thanks for the effort.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:30 pm

Spence wrote:West Virginia is almost heaven.....because it is almost in Ohio. Of course, when you get to Cleveland you are approaching Hell. :lol:

I didn't know that .... and all this time I thought it was because of that song. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Your posts weren't a problem. You may argue your position. All we ask is that it is done without name calling and personal attacks. We encourage debate on any topic you choose, we just would like to keep it clean and smart. There was nothing wrong with the topic, nothing at all.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:56 pm

RaliLlama wrote:When you get to be my age the prostate won't allow you to get into a peeing contest.

:D ***** :D ***** :D ***** :D ***** :D ***** :D

Return to “General Discussion”