Who's gonna take a chance on WW??

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:44 pm

The problem with WW is that he is demanding to start....if a coach thinks that the trade of getting a former five star player is worth putting up with his prima donna attitude problems..he'll welcome Willie.

I think that he might be a terrific asset but also a disruptive force on a team. And Willie's value has declined somewhat, he was not able to move into the #1 or #2 position at Miami.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:33 pm

Is he even allowed out of the state of Florida because of his probation?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:57 pm

It does have to be aproved by the court...I think they would transfer jurisdiction if the young man was going to colege in another state.

(An FSU guy would know the answer to this one, LOL)
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:04 pm

billybud wrote:It does have to be aproved by the court...I think they would transfer jurisdiction if the young man was going to colege in another state.

(An FSU guy would know the answer to this one, LOL)

:lol: :lol: Yeah, you would think an Ohio State guy would know too.

I would find it hard to believe that a top tier school would take him with all his baggage. I know he was a great prospect, but either he wasn't good enough to crack the starting line up in Miami or he wasn't doing well enough in school to justifly playing with the first team. Either way that spells problems. I have heard Oklahoma was a possibility, but I find that hard to believe. I can't see Stoops doing that.

I don't think Rodriguez would do it either. Gwaltney is a different story. No one knew his deal before he got to WVU. He had the grades, he had a good attitude during the recruiting process, and his coach gave him high praise as to his work ethic. Either the coach wasn't being honest or he thought that college would be the same cakewalk as highschool. For whatever reason he just thought he would skate when he got to WVU.

Tennessee may be a possibility. I could see Fulmer taking a chance on him. Fulmer needs talent on the other side of the ball, though, more then he needs defensive talent.

Louisville has some history of taking guys like him. John L Smith would take anyone he thought would help him. I would say Louisville would be the one most likely to take a chance on someone like Willie.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:15 pm

I don't know..if you are good...someone will pick you up...when Bobby bounced Randy Moss, Marshall didnt waste any time. And Moss helped put Marshall on the map.

Fabian Walker left FSU and QB'd his new team to the Div. II championship.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:20 pm

billybud wrote:I don't know..if you are good...someone will pick you up...when Bobby bounced Randy Moss, Marshall didnt waste any time. And Moss helped put Marshall on the map.

Fabian Walker left FSU and QB'd his new team to the Div. II championship.

I agree, I just don't think any top tier team would take him. Too much baggage and if he couldn't crack the starting line up at Miami, I don't think an Oklahoma would guarantee him a starting spot. He is going to find out if he wants to play with the big boys he has to prove his way on to the field.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:16 pm

I was talking about John L. from Mich. St. He used to coach at Louisville.

Return to “General Discussion”