Bruce Feldman's Power 16....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:42 pm

I dont really like to even watch ESPN... :lol:

I personally think ND and Oklahoma are a little high, ND probably 5 spots too high. Oklahoma is maybe 3 or 4. IMO
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:31 am

Oh, Derek, I feel you man! I loathe ESPN! I get force-fed the WNBA all-star game and women's college basketball, poker, the NFL in July, Barbaro updates, and the list goes on and on!

I don't visit their website all that often either. I don't think Michigan and Cal should be in that; replace them with Arizona State and Tennessee and I don't have a problem with it. I think Tennessee is going to rebound this year, in a big way.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:45 am

I agree with his ranking....based on the best chance to win it.

I picked, in April, WVU and Oklahoma to play for it.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:48 pm

You know me...I think that some of the early love for WVU is the recognition that there are fewer obstacles in the way for an NC than is the normal situation.

IF VT and Miami were on the schedule, I think that the dynamics may be different.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:06 pm

Vegas Insider's Top 25....#1 WVU...#2 Ohio State

If Louisville rolls over Miami, it will do the BE worlds of good.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:gA ... clnk&cd=17

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:09 pm

The Sports Illustrated cover is the official KOD...

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:26 pm

Does anyone get The Sporting News? I canceled my subscription to SI a while ago; Sporting News has MUCH more material.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:15 pm

billybud wrote:The Sports Illustrated cover is the official KOD...

That is sure the truth. SI put Ohio State on the '03 cover, just after that the Mo Clarrett thing started and we were done with any hope of repeating.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:49 pm

I think they may have missed a little concerning Clemson here. I can see them as a solid top 10 team at season's end if they are able to stay healthy.

Also, I see it as a potential down year for Penn State. I think they could easily find themselves down in the middle of the pack within the Big Ten.

Plus I do think at least one school from a non-BCS conference will finish in the top 16, whether it be TCU, Utah, Fresno State, Toledo, or whoever. There is a lot of talent out there and it seems to me that a lot of non-traditional programs may be starting to improve.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:08 pm

Jason...I agree that Clemson was overlooked...the Tigers bring back almost their whole 2 deep on the offensive line, their starting defensive line...have premier running backs and a nasty defense.

Clemson will run, run, run this year...if the QB can throw some passes, Clemson will win 10.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:57 am

If they win 10 will they win the Conference?

If one of the 10 wins is FSU, Clemson will play for it as division champ against Miami. VT won 10 and played for it

The winner of the Clemson/FSU match will play Miami in the CCG.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:15 am

GT has been too "up and down"...their QB is a senior, but his percentages have steadily gotten worse since he was a freshman. Last year, Tech completed less than 50% of their passes. You can't go to the CCg if you can't complete 50% of your passes.

GT can have a good game, upset a Miami, but will relapse and lose games, like it did last year to come in behind VT and Miami in their division. GT will not get by Miami this year.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:05 pm

The divisions are on the link...scroll to bottom

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/a ... -body.html

schedules....

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/acc/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/06pros06schedule
You can also look up team reviews, stats, etc....I see they have FSU returning the fewest starters in the conference.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:09 pm

billybud wrote:GT has been too "up and down"...their QB is a senior, but his percentages have steadily gotten worse since he was a freshman. Last year, Tech completed less than 50% of their passes. You can't go to the CCg if you can't complete 50% of your passes.

GT can have a good game, upset a Miami, but will relapse and lose games, like it did last year to come in behind VT and Miami in their division. GT will not get by Miami this year.

I still think they are going to the CC game this year...We'll see.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:24 pm

Ya wanna bet $500?

Return to “General Discussion”