Team Pride

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Team Pride

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:58 am

So, I was at a gas station yesterday, when I saw a guy with an Ohio State automobile. He had it painted Buckeye red with decals and probably even had an tOSU license plate. So my question is this: do you guys do anything like, over-the-top, to display your team pride?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:34 pm

I have Buckeye license plates, but I would pass on the decals, bumper stickers, and especially the custom paint stuff.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:53 pm

Now that I have retired, my campus parking decal is no longer on my
Z-71...I do not wear any FSU insignia except for my hat at game time, although I do wear a garnet shirt or windbreaker. No decals, no FSU colors, no bumper stickers

I do have a small Harley decal in the back window corner.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:58 pm

If hats count, then I am guilty. I have 20-25 buckeye hats.

colorado_loves_football

Re: Team Pride

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:04 pm

Eric wrote:So, I was at a gas station yesterday, when I saw a guy with an Ohio State automobile. He had it painted Buckeye red with decals and probably even had an tOSU license plate. So my question is this: do you guys do anything like, over-the-top, to display your team pride?
I think it's cool when people show their allegiance by having team logos plastered everywhere, especially at tailgate parties!
About all I've ever done, is purchase a bronze car and put a University of Colorado sticker in the back. Guess I"m not what you would call a fanatic.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:13 pm

We all honored Colorado at our tail gate in Tallahassee when the Buffs came visiting...Buffalo burgers on the grills...(regardless of what you hear, I find them to be less tasty than beef).

Ted Turner has opened a place in town now that specializes in buffalo (raised on his zillion acre ranches out west). Been there, don't need to go back...give me a nice juicy angus burger.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:30 pm

I haven't went crazy with my pride, like paint my house maize and blue. A simple flag outside will do.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:54 pm

Well there is a Razorback fan in Arkansas that has taken a Volkswagen car and turned it into a Razorback. It has a tail coming off the back the, the hump of the razorback on top, a big nose on the front, ears on the sides, etc. It looks like a huge razorback. It is done quite well actually. On game days they put dry ice in the front trunk (the engine is in the back). The dry ice makes smoke come out of the hogs nose. You talk about going over board....well this man did. I am trying to find a picture. If I can I will post the link. Some other fans have also made a gas grill that is as big as a car that they tail gate with at Razorback games. It is also shoped like a big razorback. The smoke comes out of the nose when it is being used. It is amazing what fans will do to support their teams.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:35 pm

Awesome! I was waiting to hear a story like that :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:02 pm

David wrote:I am a forester and I drive my Grand Cherokee down any road or trail imaginable. In March the passenger side got extremely muddy. I kept a scoreboard of LSU's journey to the Final Four on the back side glass and was saving the glass on the rear passenger door for success in the F4 :( , which of course I didn't get to use. I did it for my son who is the basketball fan in the house. He wanted me to keep it on there until football season, since I never wash my vehicle anyway. I have passed through Durham 4 times with LSU 62 Duke 54 written into the mud on my window. It is getting pretty dim now its about time to get it dirty again and start posting some football scores.

:lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 pm

I have a front license plate that's red and has a big "G" on it, but that's about it.

I also have a jersey that I somethimes wear to costume partys.....Who do I go as??? David Greene of course. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 pm

Well, from the sound of things you guys would think that a coonskin cap, buckskins, a shot & wad pouch over one shoulder and a powderhorn over the other, with a bowie knife strapped to the outside of you lower right leg, a tomahawk on your left side, along with a mountain rifle would be a little much. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:59 pm

lol :lol:

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:09 pm

I had one Texas jersery with the #42 on it (my number in hs, and college), that I got at football camp, and am ashamed to say that was it. When we made it to the Rose Bowl, I called my brother down in Austin and said "all I want for Christmas is a chrome longhorn decal". Which looks frickin sweet, b/c I have a black CTS, and it looks balanced with the CTS on the other side of the plate.
But then after Vince Young beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl (you think VY did it all this year on his feet, he did even more last year against Michigan. After Texas won the BCS championship, I received about 6 national championship shirts, a NC beer Mug (which will be used ONLY during Texas games).

My Texas gear is a good friend maker for a Longhorn in a new city, I always wear burnt orange to the gym, I figure I'm an average looking white guy, so maybe it'll be easier to start meeting new people. Anyway, especially at bars when I wear it, if you are a Texas fan, you're my new best friend (y'all know how Texans are about thinking our state is a whole other country), if you are a USC, or Ohio State fan, you want to hear me say "yeah, we know we got lucky", which I won't give them the satisfaction of being able to say "I've heard Texas fans say they got lucky too, see even they know it". Michigan fans hate us now. Cal hates us for lobbying for the BCS spot. A&M hates us, but who cares? They're Aggies! But EVERYBODY wants to talk about the Rose Bowl, which is my favorite subject. So, as much as I can't wait for college football to start again, I soooooo enjoy savoring our 20 game win streak.

So yeah, I'm being obnoxious because WHO KNOWS WHEN I'LL GET TO DO IT AGAIN!

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:13 pm

Yeofoot wrote:y'all know how Texans are about thinking our state is a whole other country

:lol: Boy, you got that right. My uncle lived in Texas for a while. If it wasn't from Texas, it's not good enough :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”