CCR Conference Projections

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:11 pm

notre dame's schedule was also considered the #1 toughest schedule going into last season.

ND jumped very quickly in the polls, and the media was quick to point out that ND had a "Difficult" shedule.

However,

After the season was over, ND had played exactly 3 teams who ended with winning records.

Michigan
usc

And Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.

Basically, the media gave the rish credit for a preseason tough chedule, that ended up being less than impressive.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:31 pm

Billybud...

You sure got lucky, man.

Only about 50% of nd fans in South Bend are civil.

The other 50% are the ones who are looking for a reaon to slag you down (verbally speaking of course).

When I went to the stadium for College game (during last year's usc game), I was able to get along with several of the people in the crowd.

I got many bad looks from others, got into a friendly 'who has a better program' debate with one guy.

But then, as I was leaving, several idiots tried to pick a fight with me (a couple of morons acted as though it was oing to get physical).

One girl (nd student) tried to get under my skin by dawning a clever remark, such as...

"Miami sucks"

I simply smiled, and said, at least we can beat Boston College.

She replies with another genius quirk, by saying...

"Go fsu"

And all I can think, is, "Really, you would say go fsu? I mean, if memory serves me right, and i does, didn't they humiliate you guys the last time they played you? Wasn't the score 37-0, and they shut you out, here, in your own stadium?""Besides, we beat them 6 times in a row. We couldn't win every game".

On top of that, I hear nothing but hate from notre dame fans, when regarding florida state.

Since when do you rah on a team you don't like, just to get at someone.

It would be like Spence saying to an ND fan,

Yeah, but that Michigan, they not only have more wins than you, they have the best winning percentage in college football.

Somehow, I don't see that happening...
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:02 pm

Hmmmm..when I went, they had student "greeters" who welcomed you to the stadium...nice friendly folks and good natured back and forth, but not anything ugly or hostile like at many venues...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:30 pm

I can't say much about that. Ohio State has it's share of jerks who roam the stadium. It might only be 5 or 6%, but that is still 6,000 jerks. Chances are you run into one about every time.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:51 pm

billybud wrote:Congrove has ranked the Notre Dame schedule (preseason) as the second toughest in the country.....not "relatively easy" by any means.
If I said ND's schedule was 'easy' I was obviously mistaken, they typically have one of the hardest schedules in all of college football.

I simply meant that 'generally-speaking' this schedule seems 'easier', and I think that's valid. Army? Air Force? USC, obviously will be tough.
I'm not 'retracting' what I said, simply to appease you, but it would appear generally 'easier' than other years.

For Eric:
I simply meant that ND, if they were in a conference could better 'qualify' for a BCS bid, through competition. Some of those games, while 'fun' to watch, don't really matter all that much, in terms of overall ranking, IMO.
Last edited by colorado_loves_football on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:06 pm

You said you weren't a 'proponent' of the Congrove formula, then now you use it as a reference point?

No...You say that it is accurate so I use it in replying to your post about Notre Dame's schedule...If, as you say, Congrove is accurate, than Notre Dame's schedule is very, very tough.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:25 pm

billybud wrote:
No...You say that it is accurate so I use it in replying to your post about Notre Dame's schedule...If, as you say, Congrove is accurate, than Notre Dame's schedule is very, very tough.

I stand corrected, BillyBud, you proved me wrong.
Notre Dame is a 'solid' #2, by CFP's formula.

TCU has a 'relatively' easy schedule, comparitively but still face a 'challenge' with Texas Tech, among others. (#93 overall)

I appreciate how both Fresno St (#20) and TCU (#19) are listed, within the top-20 and how both are 'predicted' to finish strong. That's consistency, for you.

Texas Tech (#9) is a surprise, but they were a relatively strong team.

Michigan (#5) is another one (who's making that prediction?).

Virginia tech (#3) I think, likely is over-rated..
Miami, FL (#7) is likely yet another one.
It will be interesting to see how closely the results follow the predictions.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Fresno State is a winger....I think CCR is off on this one...as my southern grandma said and it may apply to Fresno...he thinks he's sweet, but the bees don't know it.

Return to “General Discussion”