I don't know the answer, do you??

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:44 am

How about Jamal Lewis?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 am

Chris Weinke came back from a broken neck to win the NC and Heisman.

I had an MCL...I wasn't a young, fast recovering 20 year old, and I didn't go through as rigorous a Rehabilitation...my racquetball was through for two years and it took me three to trust taking that fast three steps, slam, stop!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:31 pm

Yeah...young, healthy athletes can rehab in a year...

FSU RB Greg Jones came back the next year afetr an ACL and played and was drafted.

Antonio Cromartie tore his left ACL, MCL, and hamstring in the 2005 spring practice...he was drafted at the end of the year (without playing) and has played in the NFL exhibition game.

Rod Owens (FSU WR) tore an ACL in Orange Bowl practice and he is out tearing it up in two a days...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

colorado_loves_football

Re: I don't know the answer, do you??

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:47 pm

BlackpowderEER wrote:I can't think of a single football player that has ever had an ACL tear and surgury....and came back the following year in pre-tear form.
Can anyone think of any football player that meets this criteria??
And take it one step further.....any QB that had a tear and came back the next year and had as good or better numbers??
Jason White, I believe had reconstructive surgery on his knee, and came back. I think surgery has progressed enough to where it isn't as big a deal.
I remember Darian Hagan (Colorado QB) tore his patellar tendon against ND, in the Orange Bowl, and returned for his senior year.

aaronthehogfan

Postby aaronthehogfan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Peyton Hillis broke three bones in his back last season and missed exactly 5 quarters of football.

Return to “General Discussion”