Newbie post and Refresher 101

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Newbie post and Refresher 101

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:21 pm

Guys. please watch the language and creative spelling. Yeofoot said that you shouldn't post anything you wouldn't want your eight year old to read. Good rule. Lets follow it. Warning people and deleting unacceptable posts isn't something we want to do, but we will if forced.

Please read the rules if you are unsure about something or PM me and I will let you know. A good rule would be if you think it might get you in hot water, it probably will.

Thanks
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Boomer wrote:Gotta love the Jamaican Blue Mountain

Isn't that stuff like $16/lb?

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:13 pm

Boomer wrote:Isn't that assuming that some people on here read at an eighth grade level :?:

Thank god for coffee. I always start answering overnight posts first thing in the morning while coffee is brewing. Then once I've had a cup I edit my post and usually end up saying its not worth the effort and delete it. I did that with two of hogfans this morning. Gotta love the Jamaican Blue Mountain. 8)
Yeah those Hog Fans can be pretty bad. :D
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:19 pm

I don't know. We have two on here that seem to have it together.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:03 pm

I thought by putting :D after my comment about Hog Fans (and I being one) this would not be misinterpreted.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:22 pm

LOL...Welcome...

Since no red blooded American boy can grow to be ten years old without going to a football game...I assume that you are:

a...female by gender
b...from another country
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:37 pm

Babsbunny3, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here.

Be sure to look around and read some of the announcements posts, especially the "README BEFORE POSTING" one. There's a bunch of good tips and hints in there.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:52 pm

welcome aboard!!!!!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:08 pm

RazorHawk wrote:I thought by putting :D after my comment about Hog Fans (and I being one) this would not be misinterpreted.

If I hadn't have gotten it I would have said "we have one" :lol: It wasn't misinterpreted.

Welcome Babsbunny3, always glad to have newbies aboard. If you have any questions, just ask.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:16 pm

Oh gawd....a Virginia gal with a name like "Babs". The East Coast version of a Valley Girl. It's notable that Babs sat in the royal box and not with the common riff raff who populate the bleacher seats.

I can see Babs and Biff at the ball game, discussing whether a crisp white or a full bodied red would go best with the foie gras while sniffing at the greasy nachos and cheese that the riff raff outside their sealed suite are gleefully stuffing down their gullets.

It really is hard to see one of these refined Virginia ladies ever being a Seminole fan...just can't hear the Valley Girls vehemently screaming "Scalp 'Em, Seminoles" while doing the chop. It brings to mind such a violent, non PC image and just would not be ladylike.

Virginia Girl's Accessories to a Game:
Smart but casual designer outfit, downplayed jewelry, Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, waterproof mascara, cell phone, romantic novel, and a paper toilet seat cover. Money not necessary - that's what dates are for.

FSU Girl's Accessories to a Game:
Tee shirt cut to show off curves, jeans big enough to flow over the boots and hide the bourbon bottle in boot, credit card and chap stick in back pocket, warpaint on face, maybe tasteful feather ear rings.

Virginia Girl's Commentary to Her Date:
Honey, don't you think the Virginia colors go so much better together than that garish purplish brown and orange of Virginia Tech?

FSU Girl's Commentary to Date:
Babe, don't you think that their safety playing so close to the line of scrimmage should make them vulnerable to a "fly" route? Why doesn't Jeff go after them with the verticle game?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:14 pm

billybud wrote:the common riff raff who populate the bleacher seats.

... Even the 'riff raff' wear a blazer to the games over there. It's not like a normal football game, Billybud. I've only experienced it once, but that was enough. The stadium is eerily quiet compared to both Va Tech and FSU both. They don't cheer when they should, more than likely because they don't know when to cheer. It's a social event for soon-to-be-graduates to mingle with their parents friend... you know, the one who owns that multi-million dollar conglomerate. Who wants to watch football, or wants to be in a noisy stadium, when you're interviewing for a job over a cocktail?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:56 pm

You need to go to a big time football school and watch a game. If you think you are hooked now, that will seal it. Go to an SEC game or someone close like WVU or Va Tech. Penn State would be good a good one. Not many people that have been to a college football game go away disappointed. The more you know about CFB and it's traditions the better you will like it.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:18 pm

Well..welcome Babs...you have been duly initiated. We do cut up and some of us think we are humorous. If you like football and have an opinion, you have found a good place.

You also will learn a lot about other teams and conferences, I know I have.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:19 pm

babsbunny3 wrote:Oh come on guys, I am going to make a Cav fan out of you guys yet.

Haha, not in a MILLION years. These are the only teams I'll support... in order:

(1) Va Tech - Obvious reasons
(2) FSU - They're my favorite instate team, and I like their fans
(3) UCF - I still go to the campus once a week
(4) WVU - Gasp! They're a good football program, I respect them
(5) UF - I love the atmosphere at their games

Top 5 teams I hate, #1 being the most hated:

(1) Miami FL
(2) Miami FL
(3) Miami FL
(4) Miami FL
(5) UVa

Besides, I don't think anyone other than those who attended UVa or lived in/around Charlottesville could ever be a Wahoo fan. Especially with the bunch we have on here. Seriously, I wouldn't waste your time trying to win anyone over haha. =]

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:51 am

i'm just glad another chicky showed up, i was starting to think somethin was wrong with me :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”