What You Learned

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

What You Learned

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:32 pm

1. NEVER, NEVER, EVER TRUST GLEN MASON TO WIN A BIG GAME!!! (Note: I picked Minnesota this week, this was my final time ever trusting Glenn Mason)
2. I can't pick upsets correctly :( I did put Ball State, Marshall, and Stanford on upset alert, but that doesn't count for anything
3. Never ever think teams have the game in hand just because they're better (check Florida State)
4. ECU and SMU aren't very good this year. My suprise C-USA teams aren't going to do it. ECU is mediocre and SMU is terrible.
5. 1-A teams take 1-AA teams too lightly. 1-AA teams have more to play for and have nothing to lose. Maybe teams like Duke, New Mexico, Colorado, and Northwestern will think twice before scheduling "tune-ups".
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:33 pm

i was starting to think we were gonna have to figure out a way to put troy state in our poll :lol:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:50 pm

looks about right to me.
i can't wait to see auburn and lsu play next wk.
also michigan and notre dame oughta be a fun one.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 am

A good showing by Notre Dame today.

After seeing the results today, I didnt get to watch it, Im becoming very confident of my Dawgs, I think 12 is too low.

As far as who moves up to second, as long as it's not USC, I dont care. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:04 am

Looks alright to me also, I think LSU should get more respect. LSU is going to play for the national championship. I'm down on that right now. That is a very good football team.

There is no team that stands out this year. All the teams have their warts. You have to give Notre Dame their props. They took advantage of the young QB at Penn St., but their defense is a lot better then they were last year.

I have to say that I lost some respect for CW, though. I will guarantee you Joe Paterno wouldn't have went for it on forth down, when the game was under control. That will come back to haunt him. College football coaches are a pretty tight bunch.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:37 am

Actually I'd have Rutgers in there somewhere plus I'm not sold on Penn State or Texas Tech.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:46 am

And Utep is winning. Jason has a point about Rutgers and the B-East as a whole really. They haven't looked bad at all in the big games and they have rolled in the easy ones.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:02 am

I did, Boomer, good game. You can probably tell by the time on this post that I've stayed up a little late.

I applaud Bellotti for making that final call. What a great call. Fresno State was getting excited to block another FGA and they ran a FG fake kicker option and Martinez scored! What a game!

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:30 pm

I learned that the Georgia defense will carry them this year....no one has ever shutout Steve Spurrier...To my knowledge. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:39 pm

That Texas Tech game was a fluke. Might they get defeated by TCU? Possibly. But I watched that game and the Red Raiders didn't play their best game offensively or defensively. The secondary is a problem this year and they're going to get involved in some shootouts.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Eric wrote:That Texas Tech game was a fluke. Might they get defeated by TCU? Possibly. But I watched that game and the Red Raiders didn't play their best game offensively or defensively. The secondary is a problem this year and they're going to get involved in some shootouts.

Their whole defense has been a problem for quite a while now.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:47 pm

No, the defense last year was in the top 25 of total YPG. It has been steadily progressing, but this year's secondary will seem to buck the trend. Next year, expect it to back on track.

Return to “General Discussion”