Let Yeofoot Have It

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Let Yeofoot Have It

Postby Yeofoot » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 pm

I type with the Texas swagger on here, I called this game to be Texas 31-14. We lost, OSU didn't get lucky, they played like champions. Both teams played with Super Bowl intensity, the best team won. This was the Big 10s best vs the Big 12s best. Texas has a lot of things to improve before they can be national contenders this year. Yeah, it would be great if the cards fell the right way so that we face OSU in the BCS championship game, but that doesn't look probable. I'm just glad Texas didn't choke and beat themselves. They played their keysters off and brought their A game, but it wasn't good enough to beat THE OSU. The Bucks have what it takes to win it all this year. I saw that Championship Spirit that VY brought to the table in the OSU team. Every top 10 teams matches up pretty equally on both sides of the ball, but the championship spirit is what comes into play in the big games. Texas had it tonight, but it was dwarfed by OSU's.

Texas' gameplan was the TGR wasn't going to beat them on the long ball and Troy Smith wasn't going to beat them with his feet. Basically attempting to force them to beat them without their bread and butter. TGR is so good that he couldn't be held down the entire game. Troy Smith is now a legitimate NFL prospect. A lot of times the running QB get labeled as a QB that is not a good enough passer, so he compensates with his feet. He was forced to beat UT as a naturaly passing QB. That was the challenge and he proved he is up to the task. I had been talking a lot of smack that Limas Sweed was the most underrated QR in college football, I take that back, that Gonzalez kid is. He takes a backseat to the Ginn hype but runs crisp routes and makes the catch.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:43 pm

i feel too sorry for you, we've all been there.
besides, hawaii and vandy gave my team a run for thier money :lol:

i bet you'll be back to your hyper, happy self by monday. don't forget to put some aspirin, a cup of water and a few crackers by the bed before you turn in tonight :wink:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: gawd whatta meany!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:51 pm

I have to admit that I thought Texas would shred our defense with their running game. My hope was that we could score a couple quick and force Texas to make the young QB beat us. The young Texas QB looked pretty good and we never could quite get the game we wanted.

Colt McCoy will be a very good QB. (this year) It is asking a lot for a young QB to beat a good team. Ask Troy Smith about that when the veteran Vince Young came in and showed Troy how it is done.

Also credit Mack Brown for putting the integrity of the program in front of trying to win at all costs and not suspending Brown. It takes a lot of guts to do that. I have a lot of respect for Mack Brown and the Texas program. Class acts every one.

Good game and good luck the rest of the way out.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:10 am

I would love to change it, but a bets a bet. Remember as long as OSU isn't playing Texas, I'm an OSU fan because I lost a bet. I really need to stop betting against the bucks. It'll still be a good season as long as we beat those Sooners.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:17 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goodnight people! yall are killin me!

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:40 am

Can ya blame for wanting to switch the subject?

:(

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:06 am

Boomer wrote:One suggestion...... Yeo, although I like your outfit, you look TOO much like Spence. I usually scan down the icons and thats how I tell who is who. You guys are like mut and jeff now. I've got a suggestion........ It even incorporates a unique part of Austin. How bout we scale down a picture of that big brand spankin new scoreboard as the clock ticked down to 0:00 and post that for your avatar. It would be a far better reminder of just why you had to change it in the first place 8) and you wouldn't look like twinkies :twisted:

I agree. You could see if openSkies could get another Ohio State logo, maybe Brutus? Or the scoreboard idea would be cool :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:05 am

No seriously, as I'm scrolling down I'm like "hmm, what did Spence have to say, and after the 5th or 6th word, I glance over and realize that it's my post. Hey Spence, isn't that a good reason for me to change it back. lol. I had the most fun I've ever had watching Texas lose tonight, don't get me wrong, I 100% wanted Texas to win, but unless you are a Michigan fan, it's hard to root against OSU.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:29 am

Another consolation prize that perked me up after the loss. I had to go for a walk to get away from the room with two overly excited Buckeye fans, so I took the dog out and went and checked the mail, and received my magazine that features the best of the big 12. Some of you know which mag I'm speaking of.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:19 am

Yeofoot wrote:No seriously, as I'm scrolling down I'm like "hmm, what did Spence have to say, and after the 5th or 6th word, I glance over and realize that it's my post. Hey Spence, isn't that a good reason for me to change it back. lol. I had the most fun I've ever had watching Texas lose tonight, don't get me wrong, I 100% wanted Texas to win, but unless you are a Michigan fan, it's hard to root against OSU.

It is a little confusing, but hey, all that scarlet and grey looks pretty good.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:32 am

The first or fifth one is OK if, but it is up to Yeofoot. The middle three are kind of harsh considering that kid is a redshirt freshman. I thought he played pretty well for a kid in just his second game.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:36 pm

Boomer wrote:Lets try a couple of these :) We might have to scale them down a little but you'd look sooooooooooo good wearing any of these. And my favorite until I can find an actual scoreboard shot........

http://www.dispatch.com/2006/09/10/2006 ... 1-0700.jpg
I would'nt 'jump' on Ohio St.'s 'bandwagon' just yet.

The last two teams (1996, 1992) #1 & #2 'squared' off, the 'losing' team won the national championship.

Texas can still win a national championship, if they win out (Fiesta Bowl bid, minimally).

Ohio St hasn't won the Big Ten yet. They have to do that before we can all make reservations for Glendale, AZ. (but they clearly are the odds-on favorite to get there!).

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:47 pm

I looked for one of the scoreboard. Could only come up with one from the 2005 game. Dangit.

Someone help find one!

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:33 pm

you guys are having wwwaaaaayyy too much fun with this.

Return to “General Discussion”