Who wins BCSNC next year...2013

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Who wins BCSNC next year...2013

Postby Dossenator » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Who will it be. This article says Arkansas.
http://bit.ly/xlsQSL

Schedule sets up nice: both Bama and LSU in Fayetteville. Both games atmospheres will be out of this world incredible. I can't wait.

Now Hogs go out and beat Kstate tonight and finish the season ranked in top 5. That will set you up nicely for a big run in 2012. I also believe Vegas has Ark at 12-1 odds of winning it all next season.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Re: Who wins BCSNC next year...2013

Postby Dossenator » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Caesar's Palace odds for next year:
LSU 3-1
USC 6-1
Alabama 7-1
Oregon 9-1
Arkansas 12-1
Georgia 15-1
Florida State 18-1
Oklahoma 18-1
Virginia Tech 18-1
Michigan 18-1
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 pm

It won't be Ohio State.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Alabama keeps bringing in dynamite classes...this year's class looks like another reload....

Arkansas, in another conference, would have better odds...but playing both LSU & Bama moved up the odds for the Razorbacks.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Almost hate to say it in year 2 (1.85) but I do think WVU will make a run.

The offense that hung 530 yards on LSU and 63 pts in 2.5 quarters against Clemson should be improved. (The 3rd best receiver didn't play against Clemson, dinged up.) And the D has been improved week over week over the last 4 or 5 games...similar situation on Special Teams. And WVU was very young on D this year, the D-line and Safety play typically improves dramatically in year 2 with the 3-3-5.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 pm

I'll take USC/Alabama with USC winning it. I know, I know, their head coach is terrible, but they got lucky getting Barkley back. He'll be a stud next year. I don't think either team will come in unblemished, though.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I say Ark vs USC with Arkansas winning it. :D

Knile Davis just announced he will be back at Arkansas. Last years SEC leading rusher (missed this year because of a broken ankle sustained right before the season).

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Don't bet against it being an SEC team. They've won 6 in-a-row and 8-of-14. I'd say the odds are squarely in favor of 'Bama, LSU, Arkansas and Georgia.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 pm

..fanatic wrote:Don't bet against it being an SEC team. They've won 6 in-a-row and 8-of-14. I'd say the odds are squarely in favor of 'Bama, LSU, Arkansas and Georgia.

I agree. I really haven't seen anyone else that looks good enough from an other conference. I do think if West Virginia could find a defense to match the speed they have on offense, they would be tough to beat.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:56 pm

USC will be the most legit team not from the SEC, but their head coach is a stooge so that may inhibit their odds. Alabama and LSU will duke it out for one spot if Arkansas doesn't surprise. Arkansas will field a great team next year, probably top 5 material, but I don't think they could break a 3 way tie between them and I don't think the pollsters will give them the benefit over the other two. I guess since intraconference rematches are acceptable now, let's hope another team from another conference can hold up their end of the bargain.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 pm

This could be the year the SEC doesn't contribute. LSU needs a QB, will lose a few guys but should reload pretty good. Bama will lose many D guys and the O might not be able to carry them through the first half of the season. But that leaves Ark and Georgia who will be as good or better. But this may level the SEC enough for them to scar each other....especially if Auburn and Florida get better.

USC will make a run for sure and Oregon will be in the mix! The Big 10 doesn't look to have a real dominant team. The ACC, well they are lauding Clemson and they could be good but I have a rough time buying it. I think FSU will have the goods this year, the only thing that might hold them back is in not going far enough this year to help in the full seasoning. (When Jimbo gets it all under his scope, he will have those guys playing ball. I am not buying into Va Tech as a Top 5 team until I see the same Special Teams play and that defensive edge that brought about their ascension or they go a completely different route!)

Oklahoma will be Top 5 caliber! Class of the Big 12.

Big East has nothing or WVU, end of story! UofL and Cincy will make some noise this year but they will be shooting for top 15.

If WVU stays in the Big East, the will tout a powerful O! If they play in the Big 12, they will hurt people with that defense that they have never played against. I am rather confident that the Eers will be a top 10 or 12 team...but I am not sure how far they can go. The big story would be playing FSU and managing to beat them and playing in the Big 12...where just about every game (like A&M) will be a story.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 pm

I think Michigan may have a chance to make a run out of the B-10 next year. They grew leaps and bounds defensively. They just need to figure out how to have some sort of decent passing attack and they will be pretty good. That is it for the B-10, unless Iowa gets it together.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:26 am

I actually have a really good feeling about the Hawkeyes. They are always due to surprise us in a year where they aren't on the radar, much like 2009. Vandenberg will be a senior along with Marcus Coker being back. Michigan will be very good and I expect the "Legends" to come down to those two teams (to be honest, I had to search the divisional arrangement since I can never memorize it :evil: ). They also get Purdue and Indiana from the other division, so they don't exactly have the most difficult conference schedule.

Florida State? I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach. They are touted every year by the national press as the team that could surprise. They haven't won the ACC in 6 years. I know they will be more experienced, that is for sure. They have a lot to build on, but I refuse to get burned yet again (sorry Billybud :D ).

West Virginia will have a shot in the Big East. They'll have to beat Florida State in Doak Campbell, but with the Noles sure to be highly rated, that will get the Eers on the national map in a hurry if they can win.

This is subject to change, but here are my conference champs (and I'll assume for now West Virginia is in the Big East):

ACC: Virginia Tech
Big 10: Iowa
Big 12: Oklahoma
C-USA: SMU
MAC: Toledo
MWC: Boise State
Pac-12: USC
SEC: Alabama
Sun Belt: UL Lafayette
WAC: Nevada

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 am

LOL...do not be sorry Eric..

Even us Nole fans temper our hopes and expectations.

FSU next year will have a very good defense...FSU lost three games this year that Manuel didn't start due to injury...and all four losses were by only 20 points total. Manuel will have shoulder surgery now that the season is closed. The lousy officiating directly contributed to two of the losses.

I think that if the O line stays healthy FSU will win 10...The injuries were horrendous, especially on the offensive line. I mean, who has heard of having to jam in four true freshmen at O line for the Bowl game? Those boys grew up by the end of the second quarter. They will be better next year.

FSU will go as the O line goes...they are still thin and young.

But, saying that, FSU has the talent to give all but a handful of teams real problems on a neutral field.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:41 am

For what it is worth...the PAC 12, for now.

A dismal year in 2011 for the Pac 12. Rather pathetic.

The key this next year is the vast money pumped into the conference. This has lead to coaching changes from head coaches to more money for better assistants. The key in 2012 is in some of the early match-ups, and there appears to be some good ones.

1. LSU vs Washington, early Nov. Price for UW may be a real threat. Defense caused UW problems this year, but with a fix there, Price may be one of the more productive QB's in the country. I think will win by a few points, but...if UW"S defense is bolstered...Price may be able to do it...that would be huge for UW and devastation for LSU.

2.California vs Stanford.....Cal may likely take back their place and Stanford will be sent back to the classroom. Wouldn't count either one out, but would think there will be a change in scenery. This is a blood curdling rivalry without the blood...although there is a Axe involved.

3.Oregon Vs USC.....One stays in the yellow brick road leading to the Wizzard..revealed for what he is...and the others season is relegated to where they both have been...close, but no one cares. Happens early in Nov. USC...maybe more hope than reality...may put Oregon back in the Shoebox.

4. Notre Dame vs USC....If USC beats the Ducks...this game is still an obstacle. I do not think you can count Notre Dame out... Problem with USC, imo...is Barkley will come back in glory..and the USC coach is too immature to run that program and his sophomoric direction will not take them to the top. USC sometime implodes because of Kiffin.

Leach at Washington State will upset a few teams...they may be sleepers. Oregon State has to perform or Riley will be gone, not sure that gets them going, but they will be better. UCLA...Dead in the Water. With Norm Chow going to Utah...Utah may be the big surprise. If Utah has the players, Chow will pull out all stops and defenses may be scratching their heads. Wittingham will let him loose.

I predict USC will win the PAC 12...but will not be unblemished.

Finally...Boise State....big year...if they continue with their winning ways...and I think they will because they have been deep and have reasonable replacements.. Southwich as QB...Maybe Hedrick and their is a very good Freshman..forget his name.....they have some speed there on defense to replace big losses. Offensive line seems to be OK...and most of all ...they have a mature attitude and Petersen is the most focused guy and instills that in his players. Boise's mistake is chasing the rainbow. And for those that have no rain, there is no rainbow.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”