Week 11 Excogitaiton

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Week 11 Excogitaiton

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:47 am

Alabama v A&M - A great win for America. Earlier in the week America sustained the entitlement state. But yesterday, there was the start of the rejection of the SEC entitlement to wear the crown of glory, though I suspect those of the SEC may think it is a Crown of Thrones, not to be too blasphemous. It’s tough to come back from a 20-0 pummeling, but the game is only 4 quarters, if it was five...but it wasn’t.

Notre Dame v Boston College – Why do Catholics want to fight amongst themselves? Well, probably for the same reason, Methodists, Baptists, Mormons, Muslims and Floridians do. But, I digress. A good ball club beats a not so good ball club. Without Golson, maybe the “The Little Sisters of the Poor” would have to be on their schedule.

Georgia v Auburn – The accolades of some wins must be deferred to our friend, Derek. Congratulations for making it so you can have redemption. Murray is a good ball player.

Stanford v Oregon State – Takes more than playing with heart. I didn’t understand the play calling late in the game. I never like when coaches rant and rave on the sidelines, on the other hand.

UCLA v Washington State – Leach may have found his school. WSU gave them a run for the money. If WSU gives Leach a couple of more years, he will recruit some very good players….tough thing about recruiting for WSU is Pullman…he will get them competitive again.

Boise State v Hawaii - Only Warriorfan and I cared. I thought there was three Saturday morning at the Salt Lake City airport, where it had been snowing all day, and I saw a woman with a Boise State sweat shirt on. I asked her if she was a Bronco Fan and she said, “No, I was just cold and this was the only orange thing in the gift shop.” Hawaii needs to stick with Norm Chow.

Florida State v Virginia Tech - College football is entertainment and on a night when you are the only game, they provided that. I like Manuel and Greene was the player of the night. I think FSU is a good ball club.

Oregon v California - Oregon slipped fresh players in the game with the first half player’s numbers. They hired a new student manager from USC.
Last edited by donovan on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Week 11 Excogitaiton

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 am

The difference between Notre Dame and Boston College - I like BC. :lol:

I agree with you on Oregon. They were getting pushed around early in the game. Then they broke out. I think K-State and Oregon should have the inside track to the championship if they keep their records clean. I don't think it will work out that way. Bama will play good in the league championship and they will sneak into second.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:05 pm

I do think that Alabama is the most complete team in the country. My problem, just like last year, is that when you don't know you should give the undefeateds a chance. This would be a little different in that Alabama won't be playing the same team again. Which I will always believe is wrong, no matter who the teams would be.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby armchairqb » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Spence wrote:The difference between Notre Dame and Boston College - I like BC. :lol:

I agree with you on Oregon. They were getting pushed around early in the game. Then they broke out. I think K-State and Oregon should have the inside track to the championship if they keep their records clean. I don't think it will work out that way. Bama will play good in the league championship and they will sneak into second.

Kansas State and Notre Dame don't have conference championship games, which could potentially hurt their causes to be #1 or #2 at the end of the year. If USC loses to UCLA this week, they won't be in the Pac 12 title game...therefore they can take all their entitlement frustrations out on Notre Dame. :D

Still many things can happen to the undefeateds as there are still games left to be played.
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Kansas State is playing on Championship Weekend though. Their game against Texas is December 1st, so they will at least share the spotlight.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:46 pm

I would give almost anything for Notre Dame to not make the NC game.

I'm gonna be the biggest WF & USC fan during the next 2 weeks. I'm gonna root for USC, that's how bad it is. :(

I was also excited to see Bama lose, mainly because some of the Bama fans around my area are starting to get a little annoying.

Do you guys find that the most annoying fans are the one's who are fair weather?? Just an observation that I've seen, maybe I'm wrong.

GA has a shot at the NCG if they beat Bama in Atlanta and Notre Dame loses. I'm not a fan of the fact that the AP only dropped Bama to #4.

Nice write up as usual. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Eric wrote:Kansas State is playing on Championship Weekend though. Their game against Texas is December 1st, so they will at least share the spotlight.

Which, with the way the Big 12 happened to shape out this year, is sort of a de facto championship game.

Anyway, I'd really like to see Kansas St. and Oregon win out... A National Championship between those two would be a great change to see after the all-SEC coronation last year.

Going to be sort of a tough haul for Oregon here on out. Stanford and the cross-state rivalry to close the season, plus probably UCLA or maybe another shootout vs. USC in their championship game. The second-half Ducks from this weekend had better show up for those. Notre Dame will have USC to get by, Kansas State that Texas game. SEC championship game will still be huge of course - Go Dawgs!

Return to “General Discussion”