Florida Struggling

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Florida Struggling

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Man, Florida is having a tough time containing Louisville's defense. Louisville is playing one of their better games defensively, bending but not breaking on the field goal drive. They're getting to Driskell and forcing some bad decisions. Teddy Bridgewater on the other hand isn't getting hit too badly. He's getting a lot of time in the pocket and he's being evasive when they do get there. They can't run, but Bridgewater is hitting every hole in the zone against Florida.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Florida Struggling

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 pm

It appears that Louisville is the one that is for real and Florida is the pretender. This is why a playoff isn't a good idea. Some teams aren't what they appear. either Louisville is a national championship contender or Florida isn't.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 pm

I think it's hard to draw conclusions from one game like this because you have little flukes and bad plays that can change the nature of the game. Florida beat LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Florida State and self-destructed against Georgia. Louisville almost lost to Rutgers and got pounded by Syracuse and somehow lost to UConn even though Bridgewater was hurt. So something doesn't make sense here.

I still think Florida is pretty good, but the close calls that they had against lesser opponents tells us that they are prone to not playing well against teams that don't have as much talent as they are. This is one of those games. I've thought that Louisville was a little better than they were being given credit for though. The receivers getting separation from the defensive backs is where this game is being won and lost. Louisville can't run the ball whatsoever, but they can pass protect and the Gators DBs can't get any tight coverage. Bridgewater can be very accurate at times and he's on tonight.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 pm

It's not just this game. It is the fact that B-10 teams that I got to see play this year played close and could have won games against teams who were supposed to be better. I am just convinced that CFB talent is down right now. That or some of these coaches who are supposed to be great aren't all that.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Well, any potential momentum florida got from that desperation touchdown play at the end of the half, seems to be gone now . . .

Aside from having the PAT blocked . . . that kickoff coverage is on spot tonight.

I took florida as my prediction . . . but will smile a whole lot bigger if this keeps up.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 pm

This is getting fun . . .

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:42 pm

I wonder how many Sugar Bowl Winning teams have negative rushing yards after the game . . .

Think Louisville will have the exclusive rights to that claim . . .

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 pm

I think the Cardinals are now going to have to play action on 1rst down, next possession.

Cane... [__]

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 pm

Spence wrote:It's not just this game. It is the fact that B-10 teams that I got to see play this year played close and could have won games against teams who were supposed to be better. I am just convinced that CFB talent is down right now. That or some of these coaches who are supposed to be great aren't all that.

I think something similar is going to happen to Texas A&M on Friday. I definitely expect that game to be close, but Oklahoma can score against them. Their three receivers are guys who are going to be in the pros (Saunders, Stills, Brown). Maybe not difference makers, but good enough to be on NFL rosters. I expect Landy Jones to be able to throw on them. They won't stop Manziel, but they can score with them. "Big Game Bob" is the one thing that could cost them to lose though. They've won their last three bowl games, but Stoops I believe has lost his last five BCS games excluding the UConn game, and this is basically a BCS game.

Florida is still in this game. They couldn't cash that turnover in at all. Running game was stuffed and Bridgewater getting sacked cost them 3/7 points. If there's one thing Florida has done well this year, it's getting a big score on defense or special teams. The way their offense is playing, they can't come back, but that could change in an instant.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 pm

One thing I've noticed from Louisville . . . the players are getting good yardage after the catch, and they are doing a great job of ball protection, holding it close to the body, putting a second hand on it when contact occurs.

Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 am

"struggling"?? Uh no....they are laying an egg.

It's over.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:10 am

Because Swamp Daddy had his chin strap buckled and was ready to go.....took a lesson
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 am

Someone could say Florida wasn't ready to play and they struggled in the first half. By the second half they should have it together. Louisville is just the best team in this game, at least so far. The Florida QB sucks.

Return to “General Discussion”