--- 2023 Bowl Picks ---

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: --- 2023 Bowl Picks ---

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:49 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Derek wrote:
Mountainman wrote: We could use those Wise Men, one the straighten out the country, and it’ll take the other two to straighten out College Football.

This is truth. :(

No blasphemy intended………. I figured I better put a disclaimer out here just in case I’m standing before Saint Peter one of these days and either a CFP Committee member, Greg Sankey or an NCAA member is sitting beside Saint Pete and is whispering in his ear. :wink:

I think you are pretty safe there. :lol:

You’re right about that……. that bunch wouldn’t even get an interview, they’ll just wave them through toward the line standing in front of the elevator with only a ‘DOWN’ button.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:20 pm

I am officially SNAKE BIT……… Old Dominion up 28 to nothing, and Western Kentucky comes back to WIN IN OVERTIME!!!!!!

HISS, HISS…… SLITHER, SLITHER…….. :cry: :cry: :cry:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:58 pm

I don't even look at my picks after I pick them. I just put on my blinders and move on. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:04 am

Mountainman wrote:
Derek wrote:
Mountainman wrote: We could use those Wise Men, one the straighten out the country, and it’ll take the other two to straighten out College Football.

This is truth. :(

No blasphemy intended………. I figured I better put a disclaimer out here just in case I’m standing before Saint Peter one of these days and either a CFP Committee member, Greg Sankey or an NCAA member is sitting beside Saint Pete and is whispering in his ear. :wink: .

I mean, you could always just commission Herbstreit to :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

For you.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

Mountainman wrote:I am officially SNAKE BIT……… Old Dominion up 28 to nothing, and Western Kentucky comes back to WIN IN OVERTIME!!!!!!

HISS, HISS…… SLITHER, SLITHER…….. :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Hey, I needed that win, and the UTSA ...

After opening 2-4

This balances me out.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:31 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I am officially SNAKE BIT……… Old Dominion up 28 to nothing, and Western Kentucky comes back to WIN IN OVERTIME!!!!!!

HISS, HISS…… SLITHER, SLITHER…….. :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Hey, I needed that win, and the UTSA ...

After opening 2-4

This balances me out.

I’m taking Spence’s approach………… that way I can have plausible deniability and not have to talk to myself and say things like, ‘Why did you do that????? Are you dead from the neck up???? :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:37 pm

Blind deaf and dumb might be a bad way to go through life, but it is absolutely my approach to my picks.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:11 am

Spence wrote:Blind deaf and dumb might be a bad way to go through life, but it is absolutely my approach to my picks.

I suppose that makes mine, Stumble, Fall and making sure to hit every single step on the case as I make my way down.

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:24 pm

:lol: :lol:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:28 pm

I just received via text and email a notification of how my picks are going so far during this Bowl Season……..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci5l0ljjVBw

Return to “Picks”