College Baseball

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

College Baseball

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:27 pm

Since this is the board for all the rest of college sports, I was wondering if anyone here enjoyed college baseball. I haven't been able to watch any of it really, but I catch up sometimes on CSTV. I wish I had ESPNU because they show more relevant games. The problem is, I don't want to upgrade to the top 180 for channel!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:58 pm

With the absence of the NHL last year, ESPN did show an unusual amount of college baseball games like San Diego State vs. Cal Sate Fullerton, North Carolina vs. Miami, etc. Now they stick all of them on ESPNU. The only problem I have with CSTV is that they don't show as many big games as they should.

CSTV also shows too many re-runs! I believe St. John's vs. Notre Dame has been on 4 times.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:57 am

Same here. To watch it is pretty cool but I'm not a diehard. I know that teams like South Carolina, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, Texas, Baylor, etc are usually pretty good. The CWS usually does it for me!

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:53 pm

This weekend put Nebraska vs Texas
I do think Nebraska will make it to Omaha again.
They do miss Alex Gordon but the new people are ok.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:56 pm

Especially Nebraska and the teams you mentioned, LubbockHasNoTrees. Wichita State played pretty good in the couple games I've seen them play this year. They have a good shot to make a deep run in Omaha.

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:00 pm

I like college baseball. The problem is that living in Ohio the teams in my region are rarely ones that get much national attention. Every year I end up rooting for Big Ten, Big East, MAC, and Pacific Northwest teams to get through the regionals and super-regionals but it never seems to work out that those types of teams make it to Omaha.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:25 pm

Yeah, we cold-weather places are at a disadvantage when it comes to college baseball, considering the schedule starts in February.

Return to “College Basketball”