My Hometown win Football State Championship

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

My Hometown win Football State Championship

Postby Dossenator » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:36 pm

I know it probably does not matter to anyone else here on the board but I thought I would share. My hometown, Bentonville Arkansas, won the 7A Arkansas High School State Championship today. Barrey Lunney is the head coach...dad of former Arkansas Razorback QB, Barry Lunney Jr. (Lunney Jr. teaches and coaches in Bentonville as well). Anyway, I was proud to see that they won today. Only their 2nd state title ever...first one came in 2001 I believe. Gotta love High Schoo Football. Go Tigers!

Link to pictures:
http://www.nwaonline.com/multimedia/200 ... %2001.html
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Hometown win Football State Championship

Postby Spence » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 pm

Cool. My chest always pumps a little higher when my old high school wins too. (although I have nothing to do with anything that goes on there) Nothing wrong with a little hometown pride. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

s.carolinafan

Re: My Hometown win Football State Championship

Postby s.carolinafan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:52 am

My hometown plays for the championship game this wknd in the Ga dome in Atlanta. Camden County Wildcats coached by coach Herron

Return to “Off-Topic”