Lebron, Kobe, or MJ

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lebron, Kobe, or MJ

Postby Spence » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:54 pm

donovan wrote:James not shaking the hands of the Magic after the game, in my opinion will make him very forgettable.

Not the class thing to do. No matter what lead up to it, he should have acted like a champion. He didn't.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:15 pm

I didn't even notice it. Huh, wouldn't have thunk it. And I can't give him an out for being distraught. The outcome had been determined for a while. And they had also been on the ragged edge since game 4. I know he had to be greatly disappointed...but you got to suck it up!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Here is Lebron's quote the day after the lose:

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them. I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

No Lebron that is the definition of POOR SPORT. You go over congratulate your opponent and shake their hand. Remember you are playing a game and getting paid millions to do so. It's not like you are a soldier fighting a war where you winning means life or death.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:11 am

Exactly.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:06 pm

"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Dossenator wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebron060109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That article pulled no punches, but he ended it with an encapsulation that James was an MVP up until the final game???? After he brought up, correctly, some less than classy things. And I was hoping he'd bring up the fact that James (and some other Cavs) were displaying "Championship Swagger" with out a ring to brighten up that kinked up walk. And, sadly, it will only be the media that can put James on a humility finding mission. As the author pointed to, everyone else is setting back on the ready to shine all those rings! Until then they busy themselves with ironing green backs.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:04 pm

rolltide wrote:Michael Jordan is #1 and it's not even close. He could take over and dominate the game. My 2 cents...

I have never felt that way about Kobe or LeBron.

That is probably because Mike had more of a Floor General presence!

I'd still take Magic over the young fellas...now there was a General! (Still, the only guy I have ever seen who could play all 5 positions. He could score 40 if needed, get 20 rebounds if needed, or drop 20 assists if needed. He did it which ever way it took to get it done! But the "pure scorers" get all the hype!
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”