US Military Base Shooting...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: US Military Base Shooting...

Postby WoVeU » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Spence wrote:There are pawns in war that fight for religious purposes. That is true of almost any war. Fighting for god, your country, your family.....all of that. At the higher level war is always about land, money, and power. Even holy wars aren't really about religion at the top. Religion is just the tool the leaders use to give the people a reason to die. A good rule of thumb says do not fight a war for god that god hasn't asked you to fight. :wink:

Exactly. If God really wanted me to fight I think he would make it rather clear. First and foremost he'd stand up a leader that was a follower of God beyond doubt for me to follow. When that isn't the case...then he is likely a follower of lucre.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:05 pm

There is nothing wrong with fighting for what you believe in. You just want to make sure you are doing just that. It isn't always the case.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:16 pm

These terrorists believe they are killing for the right reasons.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Dossenator wrote:These terrorists believe they are killing for the right reasons.

Which is why there are at best 2 ways t solve this problem.

1) Other Muslims who claim not to be fanatical at all and do not condone this behavior put a stop to it. OK, not happening, or this would be much closer to being resolved. (And I don't really buy their rhetoric.) A book says what it says...and people believe what they believe...and people practice what they believe.

2) Total eradication.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:50 pm

I have no doubt this was Islamic terrorism now.

This from the most recent news:
The latest reports say that the gunman was yelling ""Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!"....while he was shooting the victims. Now they say that 13 dead and 38 wounded (actually one lady killed was pregnant...so in my book that makes 14 dead). The doctors say that several of the wounded may still lose their lives.

"A recent classmate said Hasan once gave a jarring presentation to students in which he argued the war on terrorism was a war against Islam, and "made himself a lightning rod for things" when he felt his religious beliefs were challenged." "He said that at a class presentation by public health students, at which topics like dry cleaning chemicals and house mold were discussed, Hasan talked about U.S. military actions as a war on Islam. Hasan made clear he was a "vociferous opponent" of U.S. wars in Muslim countries, Finnell said."

He was giving away his belongings the last two weeks, he told his landlord he would be moving out, and the kicker is that he was handing out Koran to many people.

(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_ ... d_shooting)

I frequent another message board often (Razorback Sports Message Board)...and a couple of soldiers who are currently in Iraq post whenever they get a chance. One of them said that last night, in the nearby town, that there was much celebration when the Fort Hood shooting was broadcast on the news.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:47 pm

An old Air Force buddy (from Killeen) sent this to me...

An excerpt from a former co-worker of the Ft. Hood Terrorist killer, Nadal Malik Hasan. THIS is the kind of stuff that our bureaucracy allows to happen…and yes, it happens in the Armed Forces, where if you turn someone in for causing problems, YOU might be the one who ends up with trouble…its political correctness run amok…well, just read below:

“It took years to get rid of him. The guy was a wacked out dangerous individual. Command couldn't or wouldn't help, EEO was on HIS side and everybody was scared to death wondering when this guy would 'Go off'. He'd follow people out to their cars and make the throat slashing sign or gesture that he'd shoot them. If you complained about his behavior, harassment or work performance, (He had none) he'd sue you. He sued me for one Million $$$ for reporting sexual harassment! He claimed his Bi-polarism was somehow a 'Disability' and he wasn't harassing anybody he was being 'Assertive'. He sued EEO for not getting his job restored even though 90% of our base legal resources went to the EEO to support his claims. FINALLY his lack of a Secret clearance got him dismissed...so he sued the base security Officer. He might show up at YOUR Base soon because of 'Disability', Minority and prior Service. Matter of fact he goes to the front of the line.”

Make no mistake, this guy’s action were those of a terrorist, and you will see this downplayed. Please, don’t let this happen, WE THE PEOPLE can get the real word out, and keep this deranged terrorist from getting the sympathy and respect that only belongs to the brave men and women he killed in his murderous rampage. Thank you and GOD BLESS AMERICA.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:28 am

I have an odd feeling about this whole thing. First it was reported that he was dead, now he's alive. This is very strange to me. In fact he was hit 4 times according to news reports.

For 5 hours they told the world he was dead.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:10 am

I don't think the Army was in any hurry to straighten them up. And it could have been a tactical decision, in letting the world think he was dead.

Another odd thing was it being reported that there were 3 gunmen (I think that was the initial report.)
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:13 am

More news coming out and it is alarming:

1. "Dr. Val Finnell said Hasan gave a presentation at the Uniformed Services University that justified suicide bombing and told classmates that Islamic law trumped the U.S. Constitution."

2. "Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan apparently attended the same Virginia mosque as two Sept. 11 hijackers in 2001, at a time when a radical imam preached there."

3. "Another classmate said he complained to five officers and two civilian faculty members at the university. He wrote in a command climate survey sent to Pentagon officials that fear in the military of being seen as politically incorrect prevented an "intellectually honest discussion of Islamic ideology" in the ranks. The classmate also requested anonymity because the investigation is ongoing."

Joseph Lieberman is called for an investigation to see if the Army missed signs that Malik was embracing Islamic extremist views. "If Hasan was showing signs, saying to people that he had become an Islamist extremist, the U.S. Army has to have zero tolerance," Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut, said on "Fox News Sunday." "He should have been gone."

Anyone have doubt now that this was an Islamic Terrorist Attack? Not me.

Full article here: (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109/ap_ ... d_shooting)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:49 am

I think most christians think that the 10 commandments trump the laws of the US as well. Not saying this guy isn't an extremist, but that doesn't make him one.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

I think the whole situation looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

The man was yelling "Allah Akbar" during his shooting spree. Is that not the same phrase that the 911 hijackers were saying right before the planes hit the world trade center buildings? It's their cry right before they know they are going to die. Same as the suicide bombers all over the Middle East. I see this man no different then those who strap bombs to themselves.

The difference is that the laws of the US do not contridict what the 10 commandments say (neither want me to kill, steal, etc....and the US law does not mind if I attend church, covit my neighbor, etc). I know Obama does not what us to think so....but the US was built by Judeo-Christian beliefs.

I have read a couple of books that analyze the Koran and it is scary. Their goal (the Muslims) is to control every nation on the planet...by any means necessary. They are taught to convert by the sword...not the word. Maybe I am wrong, but I do have a problem with the Muslim faith. I have attended a lot of different church's in my life (all kinds of Christian denominations)...and they all preach love, and to spread the teaching of Christ through the word. My wife has had 2 cousins serve in Iraq. They both came back and said we will never be able to help these people until they completely do away with Islam. When someone blows themselves up in the street people applaud and cheer them on...not everyone, but a many of them. They cheer them on because they sacrificed their life for the good of their god...and in the process killed non-Muslims.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Spence wrote:I think most christians think that the 10 commandments trump the laws of the US as well. Not saying this guy isn't an extremist, but that doesn't make him one.

I don't think most Christians believe that. At least I've never met anyone that did.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Nidal Hasan is awake and talking. He has a lawyer now....

Shot four times and still survived...I guess he will have wait on his 72 virgins.

An American iman (Awlaki)...who was preaching at the Virginia mosques that the Hasan family attended in 2001 has posted on his website that Hasan is a hero. Awlaki was described as a spiritual leader at 2 Virginia mosques. "Awlaki said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."

Awlaki is on Yemen's top 10 most wanted militant list (2 of the 911 hijakers attended his services in Virginia). "On Dec. 23, 2008, Awlaki, on his Web site, encouraged Muslims across the world to kill U.S. troops in Iraq. Awlaki also used these postings to declare his support for the Somali terrorist group, al-Shabaab, according to the Homeland Security intelligence note, obtained by The Associated Press."

(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109/ap_ ... od_muslims)

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Derek wrote:
Spence wrote:I think most christians think that the 10 commandments trump the laws of the US as well. Not saying this guy isn't an extremist, but that doesn't make him one.

I don't think most Christians believe that. At least I've never met anyone that did.

Hey Derek! I'm Keith. Nice to meet you!
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 am

Dossenator wrote:I think the whole situation looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

The man was yelling "Allah Akbar" during his shooting spree. Is that not the same phrase that the 911 hijackers were saying right before the planes hit the world trade center buildings? It's their cry right before they know they are going to die. Same as the suicide bombers all over the Middle East. I see this man no different then those who strap bombs to themselves.

The difference is that the laws of the US do not contridict what the 10 commandments say (neither want me to kill, steal, etc....and the US law does not mind if I attend church, covit my neighbor, etc). I know Obama does not what us to think so....but the US was built by Judeo-Christian beliefs.

I have read a couple of books that analyze the Koran and it is scary. Their goal (the Muslims) is to control every nation on the planet...by any means necessary. They are taught to convert by the sword...not the word. Maybe I am wrong, but I do have a problem with the Muslim faith. I have attended a lot of different church's in my life (all kinds of Christian denominations)...and they all preach love, and to spread the teaching of Christ through the word. My wife has had 2 cousins serve in Iraq. They both came back and said we will never be able to help these people until they completely do away with Islam. When someone blows themselves up in the street people applaud and cheer them on...not everyone, but a many of them. They cheer them on because they sacrificed their life for the good of their god...and in the process killed non-Muslims.

I had this ditzy B!%@& at work tell me just today that most of the founding furthers were not Christians. But that Churches make that up! And she should know she must makes like $10/hr. You hear a lot on this. Not all were Christians, a few deists and some atheists, but counter evidence can be found to the latter two. But Judeo-Christian was the agreed methodology used nonetheless. Long prayer sessions preceded Congressional Meetings and the Bible was read thoroughly and cited in forming many laws (not real hard to pick up on and you can't have it both ways as certain folks seek constantly to dismantle it). (Many were disillusioned with the Anglincan Church, of course, and deeply desired a separation of church and state.)

And this always cracks me up. Most of these clowns that speak of religion and power, but speak on nature and science. Well they know crap...they have the most peripheral BS jobs and don't know to do the first core thing. If we indeed lived by the law of nature *the jungle) I'd just reach out and snap their pin necks and take all their junk...life would be real easy!
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”