Big Day Today...My annual

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Big Day Today...My annual

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:11 am

I see the med team today....to see if another year has gone by without a reoccurrance. Counting down my five years.

I feel lucky today. I am wearing my black Harley T shirt with a skull and clover leaf and the motto..."I feel lucky". Wore it last year.

Heck, I may break it out for the bowl game...except folks might misinterpret the clover leaf. Got my tickets...nosebleed tickets but I have binoculars. Staying at my sister's house (not a choice but a family tax).

Hard to believe how quickly these past two years have gone, guys. In another month we will be back to the great drought between seasons, Eric will disappear, and a couple of us remaininig will be working over the possibilities of next year.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Big Day Today...My annual

Postby donovan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:31 am

Good for you Mr. Billybud, for making sure you keep taking care of yourself. We hope all is well and any minor adjustments that might have to be made, are just that. There is a causal relationship doing what the Docs say and staying well....not everyone gets that, glad you do. In your case, I would attribute you steadfastness to "the one who must be obeyed." And that is not bad.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:37 am

Yes, I agree. Good luck with your exam. I hope everything works out well. Nothing like toasting good health in the coming year and having the doctor give you results that show just that. That is a happy New Year.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Spent the afternoon doing medical stuff...wasn't bad...now it is wait for results. I feel lucky...lucky.

I'll take FSU over Notre Dame for $100 guys....I feel lucky (you have my PM)...first come.

Edit...I guess solicitation of a wager ove the internet is a crime somewhere, so I will back off that offer. It would be foolish at my age to have to account for such nonsense.
Last edited by billybud on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Good luck! I hope all will be well.

I'll try not to do a Houdini and disappear on you guys :D
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:11 am

Praying for you BB! Stay positive and add in some love and laughter (which I am rather sure you are doing). With due diligence added to those 3 added you have a foundation with 4 very strong cornerstones.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 pm

I too hope for great test results....and of course a FSU win over ND would be icing on the cake.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Maybe not so lucky...we'll see. Biopsy scheduled for 2/1.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Sending prayers, positive thoughts, and crossing my fingers that everything comes back negative.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Hope it turns out well BB. Sending prayers as well. I can't send you luck, I don't have any.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:25 am

Good luck there Billybud. I hope all turns out well.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:12 am

I know you will, just stay on top of it. The more information obtained is where the best results can happen. You are in our thoughts.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Reloading the prayers!

Is this the standard fare biopsy (the one normally done from the start)?

*I hate the waiting! "Make sure you take care of yourself and don't sit on your hands...oh and we will see you in a month (2 or 2.5) to do this very needful thing..."
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Biopsy came back clean.... ended up being nada. Just my team being careful.

Thanks for the thoughts/prayers...another year to the good.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:09 pm

billybud wrote:Biopsy came back clean.... ended up being nada. Just my team being careful.

Thanks for the thoughts/prayers...another year to the good.

Cool. Glad to here it. The one year is the really scary one. Four more years to go. Good luck and keep them on their toes.

Return to “Off-Topic”